1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

msytified about Search Engine Position Tracker

Discussion in 'Keyword Tracker' started by slowtalkinjones, Jul 1, 2012.

I went through the settings/setup, and things seemed ok. First couple of times there was an error because of a typo in the link, but once that was corrected, now when I save the settings page I get another page that states "settings updated" (or equivalent) which returns me to the settings page. I haven't seen anything on this entire website (and I've looked quite a bit) to suggest what I should see next. Is there some kind of a control panel where I can input keywords, view reports, etc.? I'd think that would be a pretty important thing to mention somewhere along the line.Anyway, if someone could give me advice on that I'd appreciate it.I put the link to the PHP page into a browser and get the following: a:1:{s:7:"results";s:4:"9999";}Is that normal?thanks again

slowtalkinjones, Jul 1, 2012 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    digitalpoint, Jul 2, 2012 IP
  3. slowtalkinjones

slowtalkinjones Member

Best Answers:
    THanks, perhaps the server hadn't yet processed the setup.But, I set up a job to run 52 keywords more than a week ago, and it hasn't done anything yet. Says "Last Check Date" is Dec. 31, 1969.Is it possible for you to take a quick look at this to see what I'm doing wrong.thanks very much.

slowtalkinjones, Jul 22, 2012 IP
  4. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    What's the URL of the PHP script you installed (in your settings)?

digitalpoint, Jul 22, 2012 IP
  5. slowtalkinjones

slowtalkinjones Member

Best Answers:
    I took off the http on the link to get past the live link restrictions on new members. lightningstream.surfernetwork.com/DigitalPointSEOTrackerTool.php

6. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It looks like your server is giving an HTTP error code 500 (Internet Server Error) when we try to make a call to the PHP script. You probably are going to need to take a look at your server logs to see exactly *why*...

7. slowtalkinjones

slowtalkinjones Member

Best Answers:
    When I put that url in IE it comes back with a:1:{s:7:"results";s:4:"9999";}I don't get an error.But FF shows a 500 server error.Is this a standard http connection? not https?

8. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Standard HTTP (not HTTPS).

9. slowtalkinjones

slowtalkinjones Member

Best Answers:
    Hello Shawn! I did a fresh PHP install and I am still getting an error, but from the details it seems that the testing page is reached OK this time. Here is a sniper of the error message: Error returned from search engine: Unexpected result from your server: a:3:{s:7:"results";s:4:"9999";s:5:"total";N;s:6:"detail";N;}and then there is more below... Any thoughts? Thanks. :)

Last edited: Jul 26, 2012
    slowtalkinjones, Jul 26, 2012 IP
  10. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It looks better now (at least not a server error). But it looks like the PHP file itself might be mucked... specifically see if your editor added any leading/trailing white space (spaces, carriage returns, etc.) Looks like it might have something before the <?php opening tag.

digitalpoint, Jul 26, 2012 IP
  11. slowtalkinjones

slowtalkinjones Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you for the reply Shawn! While reviewing the code, I did remove a few blank spaces in front of the PHP opening tag, but also noticed another issue. There was not CLOSING PHP tag "?>". The script was copied directly from "http://tools.digitalpoint.com/tracker?do=settings". I added the closing tag and removed those few empty spaces and it seems to be working now. I am not sure how your system works, but for the few entries I have clicked on, the "Last Check" column now shows "Today", so I guessing something is happening. :)

slowtalkinjones, Jul 30, 2012 IP
  12. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    The "missing" closing tag was intentional btw...

digitalpoint, Jul 30, 2012 IP
  13. slowtalkinjones

slowtalkinjones Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Shawn,I deleted the closing tag, and then everything worked fine. What I want to do now is to create a setting or group for each of the main 10 pages of this website, and then associate the appropriate keywords with each of those pages. I thought the way to do this is to create another another setting or another group. But each time I try I get an error message: "Script URL is old. Please update it". The script URL works fine for the existing keywords, so I guess I'm doing something wrong. Advice please. thanks.

slowtalkinjones, Aug 20, 2012 IP
  14. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Would just need to do what it says (update the script).

It may work for existing stuff, but when you change settings it makes sure you are using the latest version.

digitalpoint, Aug 20, 2012 IP