1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Mssing Text in Post Content?

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by 137th Gebirg, Mar 13, 2012.

Forgive me if this has already been covered - couldn't find it if it was...

I've noticed, on occasion, after posting a response in a thread, that there are single words that sometimes don't show up in the final product. Like I would type "Four score and seven years ago" and it would show up as "Four score and years ago". I would click the "edit" button and the full content of what I typed is still there. Submitting it again would make it display properly. Seems very odd and I was curious if anyone else noticed this.

Also, a small suggestion - I understand that Captcha is a valuable tool to prevent bots from spamming and it's also difficult for the more advanced bots to decode with built-in OCR, but it does kind of defeat the purpose if it's also difficult to decipher with human eyes. Yes, I know I can reload it to try to get something easier to read but isn't there a better Captcha generator out there than the one this BBS uses?

Solved! View solution.
    137th Gebirg, Mar 13, 2012 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You probably have something installed on your end that is altering the page content incorrectly (for example ad blocker or some sort of firewall/filtering system).

digitalpoint, Mar 13, 2012 IP
    I hope i'm aloud to reply to this: I have the same problem i found out it's Adblock Plus FireFox Addon after being confused why text was missing, then when editing the words would be their lol.

Lee Stevens, Mar 13, 2012 IP
  4. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Active Member

Best Answers:
    ^^^ Well that has to be it then! I am, in fact, running Adblock Plus in Firefox. This is very unexpected behavior for ABP, though. Usually it simply blocks images and other select objects in the DOM. That, and I've been on many BBS's over the years and I've never seen it make blocks of raw text disappear like that. Very strange... Anyways, I turned it off for this domain and hopefully that will fix the problem here. Thanks very much to both of you for your input!

137th Gebirg, Mar 14, 2012 IP
  5. Cucumba123

Cucumba123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's the DP ad system thingy, it anchors keywords in posts, and keywords are classified as ads in Adblocker's eyes.

Cucumba123, Mar 14, 2012 IP