1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Msql query to mass move thread back to where they came from?

Discussion in 'vBulletin' started by wml, Jun 10, 2011.

Hello,

A super moderator accidently massed moved all of my 40k plus threads from 50 plus forums into a single forum. I did not even know he had these capabilities in the Moderator cp. Anyways he is no longer working for me anymore and I am changing settings so cannot happen again. In mean time I need some kind of query to get them back where they belong. Does anyone know of a plugin or can create? Thanks

wml, Jun 10, 2011 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Unfortunately vBulletin only logs where threads were moved TO... it does not log where they were moved FROM. So the system does not know where they were originally internally.

http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-5629

digitalpoint, Jun 11, 2011 IP
  3. wml

wml Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks for the reply shawn. What if the redirects are still there? For example I can see the last three threads posted in all forums but they are just redirects to their new location. So how can I use this info to mass move them back? Thanks

BTW for some reason I cannot get to that link you posted as it keeps saying I am not logged in to vb forums when I am logged in.

wml, Jun 13, 2011 IP
  4. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    If you have redirects for them all, then you would have enough data to move everything back. But there's not automatic mechanism to do it. You would need to code the system to do it.

digitalpoint, Jun 13, 2011 IP