1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Msn

Discussion in 'Bing' started by frankybme, Jun 19, 2004.

Anybody have idea when the new Msn database will be out? Do you think the new msn will also place alot on link anchor as well?

frankybme, Jun 19, 2004 IP
  2. GuyFromChicago

GuyFromChicago Permanent Peon

Best Answers:
    No idea.

My guess is that linkswill have importance in MSN...how much importance remains remains to be seen.

GuyFromChicago, Jun 20, 2004 IP
  3. schlottke

schlottke Peon

Best Answers:
    My personal belief is this:

MS will release a product that doesn't base high relevance on number incoming links, but rather on the link titles within the site, the type of pages linking to the sites, (quality not quantity), and have a major factor that requires you to pay to get higher.... I.E. If you are in a paid directory of theirs that costs 300$ a year you will be assured higher placement. If you think about this, Spammers won't (in most cases) flip $300 a month because they are out to make a quick, sneaky buck. Where a real store would gladly pay $300 to be top ten for their specific terms.

The difference between this and pay per click is that it is a bulk fee and people are more likely to not do a BULK fee when they dont know what the market they are going to spam or run affiliate links through is worth. On PPC they can put $25 into an account and test out how well the market is- if they fail no loss. With $300, its a bit more of a risk for most of those people..

I wouldn't doubt this type of system works- perhaps Im missing something though.

schlottke, Jun 20, 2004 IP
  4. TwisterMc

TwisterMc Mac Guru

Best Answers:
    Stupid MSN ;) I don't like them since they ate up 3.06 Gigs of my bandwidth one month!!

TwisterMc, Jun 20, 2004 IP
  5. SEO_AM

SEO_AM Active Member

Best Answers:
    MSN will likely focus on relevance of your site along with backlinks from truly relevant sites/pages. They should be close to displaying what they have been crawling. Maybe another 30-60 days would be my guess.

SEO_AM, Jun 20, 2004 IP