1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

MSN vs Overture vs Adwords

Discussion in 'Bing Ads' started by alsjforever, May 27, 2006.

I am promoting my HYIP site and started advertising through those PPC sites. I bidded $.05 ~ $.1 on MSN and all other $.10. So far I got 10 clicks from MSN, No click from Yahoo, 1 click from Adwords. What do you guys think? is it because MSN adcenter is new to PPC? that's why i am getting more clicks for low bidding price?

I spent only $.66 for 10 clicks ;) and got one sign up at my HYIP site.

alsjforever, May 27, 2006 IP
  2. 1ahosting

1ahosting Peon

Best Answers:
    MSN is also working for me. I'm getting valuable click from them. I've spent tons of money with good adwords but really hated them.

1ahosting, May 28, 2006 IP
  3. Jenstar

Jenstar Active Member

Best Answers:
    Because there is far less competition for keywords on adCenter, you can definitely get a lot more clicks for the same amount of money as you would on YSM or AdWords. Not to mention for .05 you can still get your ads showing up on MSN, while for many bids on adWords and YSM, $.10 won't even get your ad showing up on the results page, much less get clicks.

Jenstar, May 29, 2006 IP
  4. ValuableVisitors

ValuableVisitors Active Member

Best Answers:
    How does your conversion rate for AdCenter traffic compare with your conversion rate from Yahoo and Google traffic?

ValuableVisitors, Jun 7, 2006 IP
  5. Vrian_Sinth

Vrian_Sinth Peon

Best Answers:
    Jenstar is right. Very few people have signed up for MSN. They just made the switch and many people don't even realize yet that MSN has their own PPC. Less than half of my competition has signed up (that were showing with Yahoo sponsored search).

Less competition, and users of MSN PPC, means more clicks for less money!

Vrian_Sinth, Jun 15, 2006 IP
  6. WebFreedom

WebFreedom Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with Jenstar and Vrian, but I place this information in the "enjoy it while it lasts" category. As adCenter and and YPN continue to gain market share, and consequently the competition for keywords increases, their CPC will almost certainly increase. Ultimately, though, I think this competition will help advertisers more than it helps any of the providers.

Sam

WebFreedom, Jun 24, 2006 IP
  7. MikeW

MikeW Peon

Best Answers:
    I have recently set up a trial with MSN, to see whether it can offer a viable alternative or more probably something to run alongside Google Adwords. However, after setting up my account unlike google where you're ad is live almost instantly - 24 hours later, still at submitted and pending status? How long does this take to go active?

MikeW, Jun 24, 2006 IP
  8. WebFreedom

WebFreedom Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Mike,

I believe that adCenter has a presence here at the DP forum (Username 'adCenter411', I believe) - you may want to send him or her a PM with your question. :)

HTH,
    Sam

WebFreedom, Jun 26, 2006 IP
  9. andrija

andrija Peon

Best Answers:
    THey made a nicer GUI in AdCenter.

If it is usable or not, time will tell. Analitics is of course G's strenght and a huge advantage over AdCenter, but give them some time, and they might do something there (like buy WebTrends! :) )

Andrija

andrija, Jun 28, 2006 IP
  10. GuyFromChicago

GuyFromChicago Permanent Peon

Best Answers:
    I've seen approvals in as short as 2 hours and as long as 48 hours. From my perspective they have been getting better/quicker at this. They still reject things they shouldn't be rejecting but that's a story for another thread...

Why do you think Google's analytic product would give adwords an advantage over adcenter? Analytics is a seperate, unrelated product. It's like saying Windows gives AdCenter an advantage over AdWords.

GuyFromChicago, Jun 28, 2006 IP
  11. idotcom

idotcom Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi All

I've tempted to look into advertising on MSN couple times, but I always stopped looking because I couldn't get past the general "fill out contact form".

And it was always something "boost". Could someone give me a link to the MSN PPC signup?

idotcom, Jun 28, 2006 IP
  12. GuyFromChicago

GuyFromChicago Permanent Peon

Best Answers:
  13. muthuis

muthuis Peon

Best Answers:
    I tried signing up MSN a month ago and could not do it because of some validation issues on the form. Tried today & signed up successfully .. Cool!

Btw, this is my first post here, though have been reading threads occassionally. Had been visiting seochat also irregularly. Should keep following good posts like this.

Thanks!

muthuis, Jul 1, 2006 IP