1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Msn Sucks

Discussion in 'Bing' started by Smitty218, Jul 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ozband

ozband Active Member

Best Answers:
    At least there is potential with a page 6 on google with competitive terms. Once you are top of MSN and realise its only good for 2 uniques, where can you go??????

ozband, Jul 25, 2005 IP
  2. Art

Art Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually, oddly enough, one of my sites isn't even listed in Google yet (for my main keywords) and Google has already delivered something like 400 uniques this month (from keywords I'm not even optimizing for - and that's because the main keywords the site is in are highly competitive).

Whilst on MSN, that particular site is top 10 for a number of keywords - guess how much traffic? 50 uniques at last check (and they're fairly competitive words too!).

It could be quite possible that the audience that MSN has targetted via television ads (and their other forms of mainstream advertising) are those with little need to search for technical terms and instead use MSN to search for the more mundane things. We'll discover more as time goes on, but I wouldn't complain about MSN much - optimize for Google and MSN will almost always pick you up favourably. Who knows? MSN -may- come out on top in the Search Engine war and who's to say that a #1 position in MSN may be that bad in the future?

I can't see any reason to be angry at MSN, they've just started - I've never heard anyone complain about how easy it is to get into good SERPs.

Art, Jul 25, 2005 IP
  3. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I think it all depends on the types of products you sell. One site gets about 15% of its visitors from MSN the other gets 33% and is higher than google or Yahoo. The second site has a couple of search terms on google page 2 or 3 but all other terms I am talking about 1+2 or maybe 3+4 places on serps across all three SE's

2 totally different types of products but one brings in the visitors from MSN.

debunked, Jul 25, 2005 IP
  4. larysmith711

larysmith711 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I could not agree more. Real estate related KW's get decent traffic from MSN. I think older internet users tend to use MSN a bit more than the young dudes like me. :)

larysmith711, Jul 25, 2005 IP
  5. bookit2freedom

bookit2freedom Guest

Best Answers:
    The New Version Of MSN SUCKS!!!!! DO NOT DOWNLOAD OR UPDATE YOUR MSN. :mad:

bookit2freedom, Nov 19, 2007 IP
  6. nestelbach

nestelbach Guest

Best Answers:
    do not dig out old threads, mate

nestelbach, Nov 19, 2007 IP
Thread Status: