1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

MSN spidering strangely...

Discussion in 'Bing' started by THT, Jun 14, 2004.

if you take a look at the attached picture, you will see that msn seems to be spidering strangely.
    Some pages get spidered individually and some pages seem to link through.

eg, some msn sessions spider just one page and others spider several in a session

any idea why?

EDIT : Atachments dont work for me - http://www.the-html-tutorial.com/Images/stats.bmp

THT, Jun 14, 2004 IP
  2. THT

THT Peon

Best Answers:
    no one knows?

THT, Jun 16, 2004 IP
  3. SEbasic

SEbasic Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm not too sure what the image means... sorry...

Could you explain a little more fully...

But, If you are saying that MSN doesn't deep crawl you site everytime it visits, that really isn't too much of a surprise...

I get deep crawled once a day or so by google (on a fairly boring site) but it visits at least 15/20 times a day (not a very big site)...

But if that wasn't what you were asking about, please explain and perhaps I can help...

Cheers

SEbasic, Jun 16, 2004 IP
  4. THT

THT Peon

Best Answers:
    i just wondered why sometimes msn crawls more than one page in a session and sometimes only crawls one.

These stats are for one day only, but this happens every day

tbh, i was concerned that some of my links where stopping the msn bot spidering correctly

THT, Jun 16, 2004 IP