1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

MSN Search Position

Discussion in 'Bing' started by nfzgrld, Jan 19, 2005.

1. ephricon

ephricon Peon

Best Answers:

23 million results just means there are alot of sites that match - doesn't necessarily have anything to do with how many people are searching on that. What kind of numbers do you get from WordTracker for this term? Alot of very general terms can yield tons of results but very few searches, since users are getting smarter and searching more specifically.

Besides, to get clicks also look at how relevant your site is. Even though its ranked #1 if the title looks like its not what I'm truly searching for as a user I won't click it. Same for the description.

Also as mentioned, if this is for MSN beta rather than the old MSN than just be patient. MSN's new search has just starting rolling out live - but I don't think it has fully rolled out yet. Many people are saying Feb 1. We'll see. I've noticed traffic increases already though from MSN due to better rankings via the new engine.

ephricon, Jan 20, 2005 IP
  2. Design Agent

Design Agent Peon

Best Answers:
    I have keywords in Google that compete around those kind of figures and get a tiny trickle each day (maybe a visitor or 2) - Some terms just arent searched, even with alot of results..generally they are not really competitive terms, they just exist in alot of web pages.

Design Agent, Jan 20, 2005 IP