1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

MSN rules

Discussion in 'Bing' started by latehorn, Oct 7, 2005.

I love MSNs ranking system!
    I get 90% more hits from MSN than for google. I think they will be the SE nr1 before 2007 after they released longhorn with their built in search.
    GO MSN!!

latehorn, Oct 7, 2005 IP
  2. Design Agent

Design Agent Peon

Best Answers:
    Vista, Msn is still too easy to game & results change too much, looks like google is trying to get past the OS issue, if you are getting lots of traffic from msn then there is loads available from Google still.

Design Agent, Oct 7, 2005 IP
  3. nobbish

nobbish Peon

Best Answers:

definitely agree. MSN is so easy to manipulate, it's like Google 5 years ago. I hope they can improve their algorithm, because they are a lot more friendly to SEO's!

nobbish, Oct 8, 2005 IP
  4. Sanzbar

Sanzbar Peon

Best Answers:

This is true, but I think the side-effect is that Google is getting increasingly worse results.

They are so set on "stopping" SEOers that they end up filtering out [and sandboxing] good stuff too which has really hurt their results in my opinion.

Sanzbar, Oct 9, 2005 IP
  5. Skeleton

Skeleton Peon

Best Answers:
    You love MSN because you rank well on MSN Search. This can not be an indicator that MSN Search is (or will be) the best SE.

Skeleton, Oct 9, 2005 IP
    Crazy_Rob likes this.
  6. unknownseo

unknownseo Peon

Best Answers:
    msn is curently good for about 8-10% of search traffic.
    google is good for 40-50%.
    enough said.

unknownseo, Oct 9, 2005 IP
  7. webmistress

webmistress Guest

Best Answers:
    MSN will indeed have a great future. If "Microsoft" has made Bill Gates the richest man on earth it would be almost stupid saying that it won't be able to put MSN on the next level.

webmistress, Oct 9, 2005 IP
  8. enQuira

enQuira Peon

Best Answers:
    most of the traffic I get comes from msn. I am taking advantage of this while it lasts (i.e. while they can be manipulated). msn has a great future, its present is just fine though.

enQuira, Oct 9, 2005 IP
  9. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I get a lot of MSN traffic. I have nearly 20 keyword phrases in the top ten with MSN, versus nine in the top ten on Google.

I'm an amateur at this SEO stuff, so I'm certainly not "gaming" the system, as some suggest can be done, because I wouldn't know where to begin the "gaming" process.

That being said, why would my results on MSN be significantly higher than on Google?

Jim4767, Oct 9, 2005 IP
  10. enQuira

enQuira Peon

Best Answers:
    short answer : they don't use the same algorithms.
    long answer : with just on-page optimization you can get great results in msn. with the same technique you might not be ranked in the top 100 in google. google relies much more on link popularity. the answer is still longer, consult this forum for more...

enQuira, Oct 9, 2005 IP
  11. jda

jda Peon

Best Answers:
    MSN rocks, but not neccesarily because of their algo, check out start.com to see why MSN is really cool. I love the RSS of search results, I can monitor my position on different kws without having run multi searches.

jda, Oct 10, 2005 IP