1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

MSN rankings have tanked

Discussion in 'Bing' started by cranberry, Sep 1, 2005.

Hi,
    my MSN rankings have also tanked. I was #1 for a few keywords for over 6 weeks and now we are ranked in the 50's.

In another forum people were suggesting that if you change the content of your page frequently, then you can hold your positions with MSN.

I would be willing to do this, though the type of keyword phrase that we are tops for doesn't really need to be changed (ie. How to clean a widget). There is only one way to clean the widget so my question is .....

How much do I need to change the content? Will MSN be looking at the keyword densities? Does MSN really do a 'diff' and compare the files side by side?

Can I just add a paragraph at the bottom with some extra BS -- I want to get our rankings back to where they were but we have a lot of files and keyword phrases. I want to make it as simple as possible for myself.

If any of you have tried this and have results that you can share with us I'd appreciate it. I basically need/want to know how much I need to change and if it needs to be at the top of the file, etc.

cranberry, Sep 1, 2005 IP
  2. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah I have MSN rankings dropping left and right and now really sure why.

aeiouy, Sep 1, 2005 IP
  3. Web Gazelle

Web Gazelle Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Mix up the content a bit. Re-word it. But I find that, if it is possible, adding a new page of content now and then helps to keep the site looking fresh to the bots.

Web Gazelle, Sep 1, 2005 IP
  4. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Google loves fresh content, so why wouldn't you want to keep things updated and fresh? If that helps with MSN ranking also, then that is a bonus. (one of my sites gets a lot of buyers through msn)
    Yahoo seems to be the one that doesn't know what fresh is.

ADDED:
    Thought the adsense ads where odd, they have PDA's listed, then I noticed Cranberry's username...

debunked, Sep 1, 2005 IP