1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

MSN preview

Discussion in 'Bing' started by larysmith711, Oct 8, 2004.

1. Infiniterb

Infiniterb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Is there really a need for a sandbox? I mean, why should a new page be penalized. New pages should at least show up in the search engine, but perhaps lower in the SERPS until links (votes) to said pages are updated and the pages keep climbing.

And this is Microsoft, they have the resources to create one. It's whether or not they chose to do it.

It seems to me that anchor text and spam links are what are causing the pages to rank so high. I'd say wait until the engine matures and the algo is tweaked after it goes live to get a less spammy result.

Infiniterb, Oct 25, 2004 IP
  2. Openg

Openg Peon

Best Answers:
    I like it right now, I am doing so well and my back links are way way more than googles. Hope it stays the same ;)

Openg, Oct 25, 2004 IP
  3. TLDTrader.com

TLDTrader.com Peon

Best Answers:
    I am very pleased with the results I'm getting from the MSN preview. Got many first page positions, several on top. No. 15 for the highly competitive keyphrase "Webmaster Resources". I wish they will keep the present algo when it goes live :)

Regarding the IBLs reported, I Love It. Stupid G reports only 42 BLs for webresource dot org. MSN preview reports 10,328. TLDTrader dot com has only 33 IBLs reported by G, MSN returns 5,750 :D

C'mon MSN, make me happy :D

TLDTrader.com, Oct 25, 2004 IP
  4. Openg

Openg Peon

Best Answers:
    It is about the same difference for my site in backlinks, its ridiculous the amount.

Openg, Oct 25, 2004 IP
  5. TLDTrader.com

TLDTrader.com Peon

Best Answers:
    And for those on a sitewide link exchange, the "site:www.yourlinkpartner.com link:www.yourdomain.com" command shows the number of pages where your links are :)

TLDTrader.com, Oct 25, 2004 IP