1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

MSN catching up to Big G

Discussion in 'Bing' started by kepa, Feb 2, 2005.

1. THonscha

THonscha Guest

Best Answers:
    The site and link command works much better than in google

THonscha, Feb 4, 2005 IP
  2. dfsweb

dfsweb Active Member

Best Answers:
    site: - Might work better than the others 'cos Google does a better job at deep crawls imo.

link: - I don't think so! Google only update their BLs once in a few weeks. Go to MSN, Alltheweb etc. Your BLs will change everyday (if they are changing, that is).

dfsweb, Feb 4, 2005 IP
  3. Design Agent

Design Agent Peon

Best Answers:
    I think there will be space for all MSN, Yahoo + G all to fight for search, local revenue will fund all 3 and they will all be around for a while yet. My results in MSN are very different between .com and .co.uk. New sites are ranking instantly well (top of 2 million with very few BLs). Obviously this makes keeping track + promoting globally a much more difficult task.

By the way, how does everyone here track their MSN keywords ?

Design Agent, Feb 4, 2005 IP
  4. ferret77

ferret77 Heretic

Best Answers:
    before the sandbox google was easy to optimize as MSN is right now

and it was that easy for years

ferret77, Feb 4, 2005 IP
  5. kepa

kepa Peon

Best Answers:
    Also, in my opinion, the no follow attribute is just another ruse to get people to move to adwords/adsense ($$$). Here's why...it is only a matter of time (maybe a long time at that) before everyone will feel the need to use the attribute. Human nature is that of horde/greed -- no one will want to give it up. It only takes a few sites to be stingy with the vote for it to propogate through the internet and what will be left with is a few generous souls here and there passing wealth. So what will relevence be based on then? I mean, why should I pass along any votes/pr when I'm realizing that I'm not getting any? The bulk of relevence will be determined by purchased advertising -- i.e., adwords. or something similar where you would have to pay someone to not use them when linking or placing an ad to your site.

I think, google opened a can of worms by basing relevence and pr on incoming links and now they have to jerry-rig something after the fact to keep the spammers and black hats at bay.

Again, just my opinion.

kepa, Feb 4, 2005 IP