1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Msn Buying Yahoo....maybe

Discussion in 'Bing' started by linkpro, May 3, 2006.

1. zombie

zombie Peon

Best Answers:
    It is better to see three giants competing with each others.

zombie, May 9, 2006 IP
  2. Gurpartap

Gurpartap Peon

Best Answers:
    too surprising :D

Gurpartap, May 9, 2006 IP
  3. minnseoelite

minnseoelite Peon

Best Answers:
    from what i have read they are doing more of a partnership with Yahoo...MSN wants to have rights to several algorithm patents which Yahoo has owned since the beginings of search engines and Yahoo wants to have access to software and Windows branding rights when the new Windows Vista comes out which will automatically default all windows vista pc's search to either MSN or Yahoo while by passing Google all together unless the pc's owner manually changes it to use Google search.....currently G is trying to sue Microsoft for this lol......

minnseoelite, May 11, 2006 IP
  4. Monks

Monks Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Google is buying the key employee's for now...Gates is not out...he has 4 times the capitol as Google...

Once the 40% fraud rate hits the big city press...Google better have an operating system or something LARGE that is not SEARCH related or their publicly traded stock is going to take a hit...

But don't get me wrong...them peoples at Google is smart

Monks, May 11, 2006 IP
  5. Monks

Monks Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The Monopoly issue could come up...but there is no "schoolyard rivalry" when it comes to <$>BILLIONS</$>

People and companies sell out (Volcom/Henry Rollins/Urchin), that is why they are in business. If they didn't want to make money they'd be a .org or a non-profit with a 3rd rate website looking for a "donated website" from one of us.

Go ahead Yahoo...sell it...Gates will expose the mass amounts of click fraud Google is showing on the books as revenue...and the BOOKS WILL LOOK COOKED. Enron anyone?

Don't get me wrong...Google is still the little underdog that I have been cheering for for YEARS now...but there is gonna be a shake up...and B. Gates is the type cut throat shameless business man to do it.

Monks, May 11, 2006 IP
  6. Jade456

Jade456 Peon

Best Answers:
    Watch GOOGLE announce that they are unveiling a new operating system to compete with windows.....:D

Jade456, May 12, 2006 IP
  7. Web Gazelle

Web Gazelle Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Looks like the deal was rejected.

Web Gazelle, May 12, 2006 IP
  8. MattL

MattL Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That was a longshot...

MattL, May 12, 2006 IP
  9. Joobz

Joobz Peon

Best Answers:
    NEVER going to happen
    - not a snowball's chance in Western Hell

Joobz, May 12, 2006 IP
  10. SportsOutlaw

SportsOutlaw Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would love to see this aquisition take place. I already feel that MSN is going to begin pushing Google pretty hard once IE7 is released. An aquisition like this might cripple Google, or at the very least get them to focus back on their search engine, which has been nothing but a disaster since jagger.

SportsOutlaw, May 12, 2006 IP
  11. sam2698

sam2698 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Makes sense, but as this is not legally confirmed so I would say that this may not take place, although there is a possibility.

sam2698, May 12, 2006 IP
  12. guybrush

guybrush Peon

Best Answers:
    Is it really that high? Can you provide a source for this figure monks?

guybrush, May 12, 2006 IP
  13. Monks

Monks Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My data is based on my companies monthly spending and click fraud tracking. 40% is the high end of fraud which is mostly in the Legal Division. Other divisions are lower...but only by 10-15%.

Monks, May 12, 2006 IP
  14. Monks

Monks Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Based on what?

Google is monitoring desktop behavior with "Googe Desktop" and the big money is in OS...the tough thing is being a recognized brand accepted by all....RedHat isn't there yet...BSD isn't there...as practical as they are.

Google OS would be a genius move...they already have the hearts of The People

Monks, May 12, 2006 IP
  15. Joobz

Joobz Peon

Best Answers:
    Based on the shear fact that the only way to become a major player in software is to attract the enterprise. I never see companies buying in to the "dneOS" (Do No Evil OS). They will not go for it for the very fact of cost of ownership would be too high - Migrations of software on 36,000 desktops is no small feat and Microsoft literally owns that realm. I work in the corporate software deployment area of enterprise desktop management and not once have we been asked to deploy a Google toolbar or desktop search - believe it or not, those things are bundled up with adware and smiley central types of things when analyzed in various enterprise groups so Google would have for themselves an uphill battle.

If big G wants to take a run at MS, then I'm afraid they will be beaten handily. If they want to add value to their company and make more money for their shareholders, then they need to stick to what they are good at

Joobz, May 12, 2006 IP
  16. shivam

shivam Peon

Best Answers:
    That is not true or owner of yahoo want to collect unemployment check after they sale.. if they want to start new site or business it would not grow that fast. and belive when it happens don't belive right now..

shivam, May 13, 2006 IP
  17. Monks

Monks Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I see your point there and it is well supported. But you are in the box...so to speak. You are thinking of licensing software, enterprise versions, service packs, users etc...

The future is a Web Based Operating Systems where there is no need to pay for a license but you will NEED Google to help your kid type a school paper...to Search...to listen to music.

Monks, May 15, 2006 IP
  18. Kyle K.

Kyle K. Peon

Best Answers:
    If they sell yahoo they are very stupid.

Kyle K., May 15, 2006 IP
  19. Joobz

Joobz Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with you, but the big money in software is the enterprise and without that, google will just be another linux

Joobz, May 15, 2006 IP
  20. Joobz

Joobz Peon

Best Answers:
    This is assuming we have a 100% saturation rate on broadband .... a GLOBAL saturation rate

The infastructure we have now does not support this and will not for years

The Enterprise has this kind of saturation in terms of users with broadband - but then again, they are stuck in Bill's pocket - at least for a while

Joobz, May 15, 2006 IP