1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

MSN Beta

Discussion in 'Bing' started by Refrozen, Dec 21, 2004.

What do you think of the new MSN beta search engine
    (http://beta.search.msn.com)

I think it is amazing, it ranks all my pages better then Google, and MSN gives me more inbounds then Google does right now, and I have a low SERP on the normal MSN search.

The beta one appears to care more about CONTENT then inbound links, which IMO is a good thing -- however, the problem is spam.

It seems to rely too heavily on the title tag and the URL of the site however, as I cover the entire front page for keyword: Refrozen -- granted there isn't much competiton, but....

Anyways, your opinion?

Refrozen, Dec 21, 2004 IP
  2. Clubtitan.org

Clubtitan.org Peon

Best Answers:
    Im amazed by it. MSN beta has indexed 3,690 pages of my site www.clubtitan.org compared to Google 989 pages indexed and Yahoo 260 pages. I don't know too much about how it works but so far it likes my site I believe. I rank 1 and 2 for my main target words. Hopefully they don't change too much before it becomes the main search.
    M4ck

Clubtitan.org, Dec 22, 2004 IP
  3. seodelhi

seodelhi Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think it cares about anchor text a lot, coz i have a site for which am in the process of link building, i have got only 20-25 links and still my site is no. 1 for that term in beta search, may be coz i have the same anchor text in all my IBL's.

seodelhi, Dec 22, 2004 IP
  4. Pen Tongue

Pen Tongue Grunt

Best Answers:
    MSN seems to be going the way of google not showing all the results any longer for the link: command. Anyone else seeing this?

Pen Tongue, Dec 22, 2004 IP
  5. SEbasic

SEbasic Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm getting decent link: results on beta.

SEbasic, Dec 22, 2004 IP
  6. Pen Tongue

Pen Tongue Grunt

Best Answers:
    I'm getting decent results, they are just a fraction of what they were not 4 days ago. Most interesting is some highly reputable links are now absent. Anyone else?

7. Pen Tongue

Pen Tongue Grunt

Best Answers:
    Also of note, though it's been this way for a while, the page tilling numbers spike at first, then as you page through the results, they drop....sort of like google and it's omitted results.

8. spdude

spdude Guest

Best Answers:
    I guess the reason why so many of us are seeing very good results is because they seem to not devalue alot of links from the same IP (and lots of us probably have these types of links). We have thousand of links coming in from rickbenders network.. the 95k links from five IPs deal mentioned in the "buy and sell" forum. MSN beta is showing us number 3 for a one word keyword "Arabic". We're in the 80s in google for that. The word obviously gets tens of thousands of searches a day.

spdude, Dec 22, 2004 IP
  9. Refrozen

Refrozen Peon

Best Answers:
    I have about 14x as many MSNBot hits as I do GoogleBot hits too :p

Refrozen, Dec 22, 2004 IP
  10. Refrozen

Refrozen Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think the MSN beta's ranking system does one of the key things google's PR system does:

PR divides by the number of outbounds on a page, which means forums get hardly any bonuses (because there are so many outbounds) however, on MSN, i do exceptionally well because I have so many links on forums

Refrozen - such as that one :D :D

Refrozen, Dec 22, 2004 IP