1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

MSN beta definetly weighing IBL's

Discussion in 'Bing' started by cgo85, Nov 20, 2004.

Just checked some of my keywords on MSN beta. Currently I'm ranking in the top 3 for some terms that I don't even have the text on my landing page (some in alt tags though). But I think my high ranking is coming from IBL's from the COOP. Anyone else seeing this?

cgo85, Nov 20, 2004 IP
  2. caroline

caroline Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes. It's definitely the backlinks. I am seeing great results with some sites as well!

caroline, Nov 20, 2004 IP
  3. compar

compar Peon

Best Answers:
    There also seems to be a high coorelation with the keywords in the titles on the sites that I have checked.

I agree that IBL is very significant. What I haven't determined is, is that just the number of IBLs or is it related to the anchor text used in the inbound links? Has anybody tried to do this analysis?

compar, Nov 21, 2004 IP
  4. I. Brian

I. Brian Business consultant

Best Answers:
    Google may be slow to impact the Britecorp link network links, but MSN is certainly counting them - and they are definitely having an impact there. :D

http://beta.search.msn.com/

Just beautiful. :)

I. Brian, Nov 21, 2004 IP
  5. darqSHADOW

darqSHADOW Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, my primary site has hardly any in-bound links, yet I'm ranking in the top 10 for all of my targetted keywords. =) And MSN has spidered 25k pages this month on the site, as well, up from 0 last month.

DS

darqSHADOW, Nov 29, 2004 IP
  6. schlottke

schlottke Peon

Best Answers:
    I think its just the # of IBLs, the keywords cannot play a large role, because I have a couple sites #1 for keywords I've never linked with and only use in the title.

schlottke, Nov 29, 2004 IP
  7. Las Vegas Homes

Las Vegas Homes Guest

Best Answers:
    So how relevant or irrelevant do you see MSN compared to Google now for your industry. Is this a better way to rank websites or does this open more doors to spam and blackhat.

I have noticed in my industry, real estate on MSN several of the websites that run doorway pages are not ranking. As I have stated in other post MSN and Yahoo have a 2 to 1 ratio in traffic over Google. MSN traffic is only a little shy of Google now.

The real estate leads that are also coming in seem to have better conversion rates than G as well.

Las Vegas Homes, Nov 29, 2004 IP