1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

MSN and Keyword Density

Discussion in 'Bing' started by ozband, Jul 14, 2005.

Hi,

Is it just me, or does keyword density seem to have more of an influence in msn than the other SE's?

For the sites I rank high in msn, all the Seo is based only on keyword density in the body of the page and more importantly the title. This always tends to get them up there.

Although you could argue that they are not major competitive terms, how do you clarify a site with a much smaller amount of BL's being above many others?

Anyone else share these beliefs?

ozband, Jul 14, 2005 IP
  2. rbucich

rbucich Peon

Best Answers:
    I can add that keywords in the URL also plays an important factor. I am aware of two nearly identical sites and each rank at the top of the MSN based on the URL. When you alternate the keywords, the ranking drops considerably despite the content.

Just another observation.

rbucich, Jul 14, 2005 IP
  3. phrozen_ra

phrozen_ra Peon

Best Answers:
    I can say the MSN likes backlinks more than anything. The more, the better.

I have a competitor site with much bigger keyword density and better file structured site than mine, and I still rank better than him just for having more backlinks.

phrozen_ra, Jul 14, 2005 IP
  4. nohaber

nohaber Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think any decent SE uses keyword density as a ranking factor. It is the number of keywords not the density that matters. MSN seems to overrely on anchor text. I guess that's the bulletproof way to start a SE and then develop it to better the relevancy.

nohaber, Jul 14, 2005 IP