1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

MSN adcenter Vs Google Adsense

Discussion in 'Bing Ads' started by calvin_ngan, Oct 19, 2005.

MSN Adcenter just went live with their beta test in the US. Can’t find any details of it yet but it’s interesting news and a step towards some competition for Adsense and YPN

The initial group is a small group of self-service advertisers, with more advertisers being added every week. I am one of the lucky beta testers for MSN AdCenter for my company, was thinking of putting up the ads in my blog.

They are still accepting applications to be one of the beta testers. I wonder if they are going to allow bloggers to have it display at their blogs like google adsense?

calvin_ngan, Oct 19, 2005 IP
  2. Jarodboy

Jarodboy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I hope so!

Jarodboy, Oct 19, 2005 IP
  3. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    digitalpoint, Oct 19, 2005 IP
  4. entrepreneur7

entrepreneur7 Peon

Best Answers:
    That is correct. Not sure if they're going to have a publisher service (Adsense type) since they don't have content match, not sure if they'll offer that...I SURE HOPE SO!

-Brian Renner
    entrepreneur7

entrepreneur7, Oct 19, 2005 IP
  5. Jenstar

Jenstar Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes they are but it unfortunately is still a ways off before it will be launched. There will definitely be huge buzz when they do.

Jenstar, Oct 20, 2005 IP
  6. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    With them just building up advertisers, I would hope they give it substantial time before they offer a publishing service.

One of my biggest complaints with Yahoo right now is a weaker inventory of ads in some segments, and they already had an established base of advertisers.

In fact if they are doing a contextual program, I would love to see them roll it out and limit it by category... As they fill up ad inventory roll out publishers and build out from there.

aeiouy, Oct 20, 2005 IP
  7. kams7ue

kams7ue Peon

Best Answers:
    Let see when MSN and Yahoo release their publisher networks worldwide. Finger crossed. :(

kams7ue, Oct 25, 2005 IP
  8. Merkersarl

Merkersarl Peon

Best Answers:
    calvin, I look forward to your report on what you experienced with AdCenter. However, I don't believe it's a three horse race anymore between Google, Yahoo and MSN. There's Chitika. OK, I've got this Chitika tips site in my signature so am not the most unbiased of commentators but everyone from Jenstar above to major Adsense customers are raving about Chitika eMiniMalls. There are also a few others like Adsonar. The next year or so will be interesting but I see the market consolidating down to 3-4 players. Adsense, in high probability, will be one. I'm betting that Chitika will be one too.

Merkersarl, Oct 25, 2005 IP