1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

MSN Adcenter requests

Discussion in 'Bing Ads' started by alexplank, Feb 12, 2006.

I thought it would be a good idea to start one thread for Adcenter bugs/issues so the Adcenter people don't have to go through the whole forums to find a suggestion.

I'll go first:

MSN Adcenter only works in internet explorer on windows. The only Mac browser that adcenter even comes close to working in is Opera which will let me at least log in and look at my billing summary. I can't do much else. Because adcenter works somewhat in opera, it may be easiest to support opera.

I usually don't use Opera but openining opera is a little more convenient than starting Virtual PC.

If you're working on supporting safari or camino or firefox, that would be great as well. I can't even log in using safari!

alexplank, Feb 12, 2006 IP
  2. Panchovilla

Panchovilla Peon

Best Answers:
    Okay, i've got an invitation to signup, but is there a way i can be a publisher for the msn ads?

Panchovilla, Feb 12, 2006 IP
  3. mines

mines Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've never heard of this before. Is it part of MS's new "live" stuff that you need an invite to? (such as Live mail, live messenger etc)

mines, Feb 12, 2006 IP
  4. Jenstar

Jenstar Active Member

Best Answers:
    There isn't a publisher program yet for MSN, but there will be one in the future :)

I think you can apply to be an advertiser in the AdCenter beta at adcenter.msn.com

Jenstar, Feb 13, 2006 IP
    Nokia999 likes this.
  5. GuyFromChicago

GuyFromChicago Permanent Peon

Best Answers:
    GuyFromChicago, Feb 13, 2006 IP
  6. astrovineet

astrovineet Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am also looking up for YPN and MSN to start there services in India.

Not only me, but a lot are.

Please inform me when the services are started.

Thanks and Regards

Viineet Jain;)

astrovineet, Mar 19, 2006 IP
  7. Kendothpro

Kendothpro Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm pretty much convinced that they are willingly making it work on IE only
    The battle between google and microsoft in the last months has also been fought on the browser level, with google promoting firefox to eat away at microsoft's IE cake

That sucks pretty much btw, if it doesn't work on firefox I won't use their services, and I'm sure many others won't
    They're hurting themselves, not very clever if you ask me

Kendothpro, Mar 20, 2006 IP
  8. GuyFromChicago

GuyFromChicago Permanent Peon

Best Answers:
    I highly doubt a serious advertiser would pass on MSN's AdCenter due to browser issues. Open it in another browser...not all that difficult.

GuyFromChicago, Mar 20, 2006 IP
  9. nextgen66

nextgen66 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    "if it doesn't work on firefox I won't use their services"

No offense but that seems kinda silly.

I use firefox; but gladly use explorer to use adcenter because I am making
    good money from it.

nextgen66, Mar 20, 2006 IP
  10. alexplank

alexplank Peon

Best Answers:
    It would not be difficult if they allowed it to work on at least one browser on the macintosh platform, but it doesn't. It doesn't even work on the Macintosh version of Internet Explorer so don't call this a browser war!

As a result, anyone using a macintosh (which is a standard for some career fields), will have to buy Windows and VirtualPC or purchase a windows computer. Buying Windows and VirtualPC is not a problem for me (although it ends up costing $249) but the fact that VirtualPC is so slow is definitely a problem. Plus, it's inconvenient to start VirtualPC every time I merely want to tweak advertising budgets.

I don't mean to be a complainer. People who refuse to use something merely because it doesn't work in firefox bug me because most of these complainers have windows to begin with and could easily click on internet explorer. However, not supporting an entire operating system is inconvenient for me. Again, I apologize for complaining but I really would like to see some support for my computer.

alexplank, Apr 11, 2006 IP