1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

MSN Adcenter Bulk Upload is a joke

Discussion in 'Bing Ads' started by Charlee22, Oct 26, 2006.

Hello Guys,

I thought MSN Sponsored Search allowed bulk upload of your ads already running on Google Adwords or Yahoo. BUT THATS NOT THE CASE.

I have 1000 adgroups with 1 ad under each adgroup running in Adwords currently. Here is the process that MSN calls bulk upload.

1) I have to manually enter/create 1000 adgroups ('orders' as MSN cals it).
    2) Then I have to click on each Order I want to upload an Ad for, and for this I have to create a seperate file for each ad (so thats 1000 excel files). And I have to upload each file 1 at a time.
    3)After the Ads are uploaded, the keywords have to be uploaded seperatly. So you have to create a excel file that contains the keywords for each ad. So I have to create 1000 excel files which contain the keys words for each ad I have. And I have to upload each file 1 at a time.

This is the dumbest thing I have ever come across. No Wonder Google is on top. Whats the point of uploading each ad seperatly !, you might aswell just copy and paste from 1 excel file that contains all 1000 ads info.

Let me know if I am bashing them for no good reason. Yahoo doesnt have a bulk upload option, but they did it for me 1 time at least. MSN wants a 900/month bueget to do that.

Charlee22, Oct 26, 2006 IP
  2. Greatten

Greatten Peon

Best Answers:
    not quite sure what you are talking about here... i used 1 exel file to upload 6500 keywords. use the help file to see what you are doing wrong

Greatten, Oct 26, 2006 IP
  3. Charlee22

Charlee22 Guest

Best Answers:
    I know you can upload keywords, but can you upload keywords for multiple ads with just 1 upload file?

MSN lets you upload ads, as well as keywords for those ads. BUT as long as you do it per ad. Meaning you can upload 9 keys words or in your case 6000, but they have to be for 1 ad.

I have 1000 thousand ads, with 9 keys words pertaining to each Ad. MSN's system is not designed to be able to upload multiple ads and the keyswords pertaining to each with just 1 file. You have to create a seperate file for each ad, and then a seperate file for each keysword group for those ads.

So if you have 5 ads. you have to create 5 excel or csv files. One for each ad, then upload them 1 by 1, when you are on the correct screen.

After those 5 ads are up. you need to upload keywords for those. lets say you have 100 keywords pertaing to each ad. you have to create 5 differnt excell files, with 100 keywrods info in each file, then upload the 5 files 1 by 1 for each ad of yours. i'm not sure if you know what I mean.

Its just not designed with the correct things in mind. Googles adwords editor is a life save. I was able to upload 1000 ad groups with 1 file. then uploaded 9000 keywords total for the 1000 ads, with just 1 file. Google was able to associate the corect set of keywords with the correct ad group.

Charlee22, Oct 27, 2006 IP
  4. Greatten

Greatten Peon

Best Answers:
    Ah sorry, I read your thread wrong then. Yeah that does seem like a hassle...

Greatten, Oct 27, 2006 IP
  5. whiteshark

whiteshark Peon

Best Answers:
    I downloaded Adwords Editor and uploaded 500 keywords .. however, when I go to a different campaign and try it again, it says I've exceeded my adwords limit.

What's the deal here?

whiteshark, Nov 2, 2006 IP
  6. Charlee22

Charlee22 Guest

Best Answers:
    Hello Whiteshark,

I used Adwords Editor because I had about 1000 ads to uploaded. I upload a little bit over 5000 keywords at once, but they were for many Ads. Meaning I had about 8 keywords per Text Ad, but I uploaded all of them at once and just had a column in the excel file to let adwords editor know which keywords were for which Adgroup.

I never uploaded 500 keywords for 1 text ad though, maybe they have a differnt limit on that, but I dont see why they would do that.

Are you uploading 500 keywords for a campaign? because in adwords you have the Campaign > adgroup > Text Ad > Keywords. How are you uploading keywords just for the Campaign. I am a bit confused on that part.

Charlee22, Nov 6, 2006 IP
  7. xboxundone

xboxundone Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    contact adcenter if they are smart they will let you email them the files and upload them for you... as i had issue with yahoo similar and contacted them and they allowed me to email them the info etc.. it went well. i am still toying with MSN to see what works and what doesn't.

xboxundone, Nov 12, 2006 IP