1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

MS Access Query as ASP export, linked table problem ...

Discussion in 'C#' started by tobypsl, Oct 17, 2006.

can anyone advise on whether it is possible to publish an MS Access Query as an ASP where the query retrieves it's data from tables linked to a 2nd DB - in this case PARADOX.

Originally I tried to publish the query as an ASP, using the export feature of MS Access. The MS Access DB is on one computer the PARADOX DB on another computer on a peer to peer network. The error message indicates that the file path to the tables in the query is not valid. (the path was going to the PARADOX tables ie. the link as established in MS Access).

So then I transferred the MS Acces DB to the same computer that the PARADOX DB is on and I get empty tables published.

So there are really 2 questions, why doesn't the first scenario work (Access has no problem with following the links to execute the query). And in the second scenario why is the query result empty ? (presumably because the query hasn't been executed so just the structure is published).

In the second scenario the web server is APACHE in the first scenario it is IIS.

I gather there may be a pluggin available for APACHE ? But I'm not convinced this is the problem so don't particularly want to go there yet.

Would appreciate if anyone has any advice on whether it is worth persisting with trying to resolve this :)

tobypsl, Oct 17, 2006 IP