1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Moving wordpress as is, or installing it new and importing?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by GotOwned, Aug 11, 2014.

Hello,

I bought an established site with a good traffic from search engines. However, now that I see it is so messy. And I'm thinking to make a new wordpress and import the database with the posts and add the important plugins, then merge it with the other wordpress, because is the same niche, just different category. So I guess I just put those posts in another category right?

Is this a bad idea for SEO? I bought the site because I like the idea, and already have traffic, great SEO and earnings on adsense.

I'm willing to spend in hiring someone if that's the suggestion, at the moment the site is still hosted and untouched in the seller's hosting. (Is an info blog, so obviously the old data should stay, and I should do something asap to update it before loosing any more traffic)

Every help is appreciated.
    Best Regards

GotOwned, Aug 11, 2014 IP
  2. rankwatch.com

rankwatch.com Active Member

Best Answers:
    It is not a bad seo idea. Just ensure that the 301s are in place

rankwatch.com, Sep 11, 2014 IP
  3. maddenitrous

maddenitrous Member

Best Answers:
    Implementing 301 permanent redirect is the best solution in your case.

maddenitrous, Sep 12, 2014 IP