1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Moving my blog

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Mihai Alexandru, Jul 10, 2014.

I have a blog on a domain and yesterday I bought another one. I want to transfer my articles on the new website and I don't know what Google thinks about this.
    Is there something wrong with this? The older blog will be deleted so...

Mihai Alexandru, Jul 10, 2014 IP
  2. homer7

homer7 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Make sure to the old domain redirects to the new one properly (301 redirects) and change your blog address in your google webmasters tools. this tells google that you change your blog address.
    good luck

homer7, Jul 10, 2014 IP
  3. Mihai Alexandru

Mihai Alexandru Active Member

Best Answers:
    So I don't have to contact them via email or something else? Huh, i tought that i need to do something like that. Thank you very much.

EDIT: I've said that because I know people that contacted Google for changes like this one.

Mihai Alexandru, Jul 10, 2014 IP
  4. homer7

homer7 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No you don't need to contact google. but you need to have a google webmaster account for your blog before changing the address.

homer7, Jul 10, 2014 IP
  5. patco

patco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Contact Google? No reason for doing this. Just be sure to do a redirection and everything should be fine! ;)

patco, Jul 11, 2014 IP
  6. Mahe

Mahe Member

Best Answers:
    Just bear in mind the fact that all alleged filters from the previous domains will be transferred to the new one.

It will happen even if you don't do 301 on the old domains. Google will match the content and apply same filters accordingly.

Happened to me twice when cloning a blog onto a new domain.

Mahe, Jul 12, 2014 IP
  7. iwebsocial

iwebsocial Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    To Change or move your blog. you have to move all your old content to new one. remain the link structure intact. Move all your old page to new one by 301 redirect. If you use Google Webmasters Tools, then submit a request for moving your blog.

iwebsocial, Jul 13, 2014 IP