1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Moving Domain Registrars

Discussion in 'General Business' started by sanatogen, Dec 18, 2018.

Hi there,

This seems a simple straightforward issue to do, but having never done it for a company before, I'm a little less certain.

I just want to move a companys set of domain names over to a new registrar.

The most important ones have a DNS that's independent of current registrar, so my thought is that moving registrars just means ensuring that the new registrar has note of the same DNS to point to.

Any Domain names with a DNS pointing to the current registrar, just need their DNS pointing to the new registrar before the current registrar removes them from their DNS

Any Domain names with zonal records containing all the different record types (A, NS, CNAMES, SRV, TXT, MX Records), need all those zonal record transferred to the new registrar.

Can't think of anything else that I need to consider that would trip this up. Most of the domain names are no longer used and are simply kept to avoid other entitues taking them.

Thank you for any pointers in advance

sanatogen, Dec 18, 2018 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    You seem to have it sussed. Changing registrar is much simpler than moving hosts thank goodness!

sarahk, Dec 18, 2018 IP