1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

MovieForumz.com Blast Off!

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by PayItForward, Dec 13, 2006.

1. WillB

WillB Peon

Best Answers:
    But you want people to give your their techniques.. ? Come on,
    you've had a few useful replies, so why not share a few of your
    traffic techniques? :)

Oh, and I think you might want to get a lawyer to look over
    your site. I'd be amazed if it's completely legal, or if your tiny
    little legal statement will cover you from any potential actions.

WillB, Dec 17, 2006 IP
  2. PayItForward

PayItForward Peon

Best Answers:
    THERE IS NOTHING TO CONTRIBUTE. I don't know your niche and like I said before, marketing needs to be individually tailored to every site and niche or you are throwing money out the window.

If you want some help, go start a thread and give us all of the information you can about your site.

Open your eyes. You keep posting in a way that makes me think you think there is some "miracle" marketing technique that I can simply unleash upon the thread.

PayItForward, Dec 17, 2006 IP
    geo88 likes this.
  3. checksum

checksum Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You could make a premium section that is simply another general section, except the people who purchase it have more freedom on the forums, ie, bigger sig space, avatar space, etc.

checksum, Dec 17, 2006 IP
  4. PayItForward

PayItForward Peon

Best Answers:
    That's an excellent idea but I'm not sure of the crowd that my site is attracting yet. I could probably mess with the idea and come up with something. I'll have to wait till I have a lot of dedicated visitors though.

5. pjk

pjk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would definitely make it so only registered members can post. This for one makes them a little more interested, and two, will cut down on spam by 50x. Good luck.

pjk, Dec 17, 2006 IP
  6. PayItForward

PayItForward Peon

Best Answers:
    It's already like that, pjk.

7. Sullmoney

Sullmoney Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Good luck. I like the watch free tv section. Im sure you know its gonna be a tough to maintain though. I would try and get a moderator to manage that section and work on removing dead links and adding new ones.

Sullmoney, Dec 17, 2006 IP
  8. pr0xy122

pr0xy122 Peon

Best Answers:
    Put something in like, competitions. maybe to win a DVD or something.

pr0xy122, Dec 17, 2006 IP
  9. Funny Videos

Funny Videos Guest

Best Answers:
    Huh ?

I dont get it.. you ask people for their feedback, yet refuse to provide any of your own (beyond the usual regurgitated b@llshite).:eek:

Ppl are asking what YOU've done with YOUR site. How much more info do you need..

Good luck to you mate, but until you start sharing, don't expect others to.. especially sice they contributed first.

Cya !:D

Funny Videos, Dec 17, 2006 IP
  10. openfire

openfire Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey, what is wrong with you guys?

Do you expect him to just give away his successful strategies in a forum? I personally wouldn't do that if I were him because if everyone did the same, how long would it stay effective? It's common sense not to divulge that kind of stuff publicly.

I can personally say that even if you knew what he does to get the traffic, you would need his help to do it, so it wouldn't make a difference even if he told you! Not only that, but there would be an army of SEO/programmers copying him... so why would he want that?

Anyway, stay on the topic of the thread guys.

Payitforward, top-notch site btw and congrats on the traffic.

openfire, Dec 17, 2006 IP
  11. Sullmoney

Sullmoney Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree. PayItForward is a great marketer. Let's not get into methods and strategies, but the fact of that matter is he got this forum booming in only 4 days. There is a reason why his methods of marketing work so well, and that reason is keeping them secret from everyone else. If Little Debbie gave away her recipes, she wouldnt sell too many snack pies.

Sullmoney, Dec 18, 2006 IP
  12. Evolv5

Evolv5 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Do you need any help with TV Links? I could give you links to 30+ shows to watch online.

Evolv5, Dec 18, 2006 IP
  13. ablaye

ablaye Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have a similar forum at Talk-Movies.com. However, because of copyright issues, I wouldn't dare to post movies or shows for people to watch.
    You are doing very well on traffic as I can see. I am not doing that well :(

ablaye, Dec 18, 2006 IP
  14. openfire

openfire Peon

Best Answers:
    Not to get the thread off-track, but you might want to start by changing the default vbulletin logo, layout and colors.

After you've done all that and have a marketable product, you might want to privately contact Payitforward. He may be willing to help you market your site. Maybe not... It wouldn't hurt to ask him!

openfire, Dec 18, 2006 IP
  15. Buy_selldomains

Buy_selldomains Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah nice name, maybe put in trailers etc in the private sections, cant realy think of much more you could do

Buy_selldomains, Dec 19, 2006 IP
  16. IlieR

IlieR Peon

Best Answers:
    I see. So what you're saying is that you want everyone else to give you their ideas, but you won't give the people in the thread anything back. Nice.

And if your excuse is that it's a public forum and you don't want your incredible ideas getting out, I expect you to give each person that gave you an idea a pm with a little knowledge or hint from your end.

Man, I hate hypocrits.

IlieR, Dec 19, 2006 IP
  17. PayItForward

PayItForward Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the support. I'm glad to see you get what I'm saying. Anyone who doesn't understand this simple concept will always be stuck with a 9-5 job.

You are full of great wisdom :) Everyone should listen to my buddy Sullmoney, very smart guy.

Oh really, is that how you feel? Do you realize that most of the time when people contribute "information" they are contributing untested information, stuff they heard from their cousins mothers friend but never actually tried themself?

If someone wants help they need to start a thread and provide as much detailed information as possible. You can't help someone that says "I run a forum too, what's the magical secret to bring lots of traffic to my site?".

Keep thinking like you do now, you won't get far as an internet entrepreneur.

PayItForward, Dec 19, 2006 IP
  18. jac666

jac666 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think its just the fact that its a media site, i have one. with in the first day i had over 500 members with in a month i had over 3000 members.

the site is doing ok know but i have not been working on it much as it dose take up time. i like the idea of how you used a forum. great site.

you find that most of your traffic will come from word of mouth as that what i got on mine.

Good luck
    Jac

jac666, Dec 19, 2006 IP
  19. Crafu

Crafu Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi PayItForward,
    I run www.theroundup.co.uk another movie site but this time it's more for reviews and news etc.
    I want to ask about your forum, how do you encourage people to post?
    I use comment software, so that people can post their own take on the news and reviews etc.
    And while I've got quite good traffic, I'm finding it hard to turn these into comments. In fact the only one that has posted so far was some Tom Cruise nut job (believe me, clicking on their URL on the Mission Impossible 3 review is worth it!)
    Any ideas how I could encourage people to post?
    Thanks,
    Craig

PS. Cool site by the way!
    PSS. AHHH I get it! http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=196653&highlight=movieforumz
    Paying people to post on your site to drum up business! Like it!
    I don't have the cash to do that but if anyone wants to leave some coments then they're more than welcome!

Crafu, Dec 20, 2006 IP
  20. PayItForward

PayItForward Peon

Best Answers:
    I did use paid posters to jump start it but you need to make sure they are posting quality. Most of the time, they post junk, but I got lucky and apparently anyone can post quality when it comes to movies :)

Visit other forums in your niche and take a look at their most popular threads, or most viewed threads. Start similiar threads, try to leave them open ended. Also, start highly debatable/controversial threads. You know those kinds of threads that you read, and you disagree with so much, that you are like "WTF is this guy thinking, I need to set him straight".

PS: I feel special, people are looking through all my posts to figure out my techniques.

PayItForward, Dec 20, 2006 IP