1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Move phpbb to a better forum software?

Discussion in 'phpBB' started by Isa Ali, Dec 19, 2010.

Hello all,

I have a website with wordpress and a forum with phpbb.

I update my wordpress installation but with my forum it has become inactive. However, from the days it was active, there is a lot of stuff on there and a lot of resources such as articles that I know people go back to read up on, despite not posting.

I want to remove as much as I can from my whole website, but keeping the good stuff, so I am using up less space on my wesbite in terms of mb. This is because I want the website to stay up but I don't want to update it regularly so I don't want to pay a high price for my website.

Anyway, I am thinking of moving my phpbb forum to wordpress, but I am not sure what to use. I have seen simple:press (wordpress forum plugin) but there is no import function built yet. I also have seen bbpress but I don't like the look of it and I feel visitors will be confused visiting the forum after using phpbb. Can anyone give any suggestions, such as a small wordpress plugin which will let me import everything? Thank you.

Isa Ali, Dec 19, 2010 IP
  2. -Aw-

-Aw- Active Member

Best Answers:
    Look around. Test SMF, MyBB, IPB, etc. and see what you like. Because WordPress is big, you're for sure going to have a bridge. I know that the MyBB-WordPress bridge is called WordBB and the IPB one uses IP.Converge, a rather funny tool, if I do say so myself.

-Aw-, Dec 19, 2010 IP
  3. Isa Ali

Isa Ali Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't really want to bridge them.

I'd like to use wordpress as a forum but buddy press and bb press don't look good nor do they have PM function wthout adding another plugin. Is there a plugin which will easily import phpbb posts etc. to a wordpress forum plugin?

Isa Ali, Dec 19, 2010 IP