1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Suggestion Move "help" to main menu?

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by PoPSiCLe, Jul 21, 2016.

Hi.
    I keep seeing stupid questions being posted again and again for things that are easily found in the help-section. I'm wondering if the help-section itself is a bit too hidden?

Would it be worth trying to move the "Help"-menu item to the main menu (after Members) instead of hiding it in the footer?

Could perhaps reduce the number of inane support-questions a little bit?

PoPSiCLe, Jul 21, 2016 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You could put it as an overlay over the entire page and people will still ignore it unfortunately.

digitalpoint, Jul 21, 2016 IP
  3. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I know that - people are stupid. I'm just thinking it could at least warrant a try, just to see if it might help visibility?

PoPSiCLe, Jul 21, 2016 IP
  4. Furquan Ahmed

Furquan Ahmed Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No one is "stupid" most of them are new & don't know much things on DP that's the reason they ask "stupid question".

Furquan Ahmed, Jul 21, 2016 IP
  5. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I think you're overestimating the intelligence of the average DP user, most of them are too stupid to use the search bar before they ask the same old dumb questions that have been asked a hundred times before.

malky66, Jul 21, 2016 IP
  6. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Eh, yes. Lots of people are stupid, or lazy (which in my book often correlates). I don't care if people are "new" - I was new once, and by all means, I did ask stupid questions, but I _always_ did my homework first. Looking for help sections, reading through posts, searching for stuff in the forums or whatever site / service I was using, and so on. This was way before Google, so I didn't have that luxury, but AltaVista could also deliver some information from time to time.

The old adage "there are no stupid questions" is such a sham. OF COURSE there are stupid questions. Lots of them, actually. And I have no faith in humanity as a whole. In a world where Donald Trump is considered the republicans best bet, there is ample evidence of stupidity.

PoPSiCLe, Jul 22, 2016 IP