1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Move Blog or Not to Move?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by TwisterMc, Nov 29, 2004.

Well I was wondering if I should move my blog to a directory on my website. Currently it's hosted on blogspot and I like that idea because it's quick, however would it be more beneficial on my website?

I average about 19 hits a day (thanks everyone) and I wonder if traffic wouldn't be higher if added it on to my website. I've had it for 8 months and it's a PR 3.

Would it be better to leave it since it has a PR3 and counts as links from a different site? Should I move it to my site to add to my page count? Then I'd have power in size (number of pages in URL). Would I end up with duplicate content or does blogger just forward everyone?

So many questions.

Thanks! Blog Website

TwisterMc, Nov 29, 2004 IP
  2. SEbasic

SEbasic Peon

Best Answers:
    You can certianly do more SEO wise if the site is hosted with you.

Even things like being able to see raw logs etc, would make me do the move.

I'm not too sure what kind of difference in traffic you will see as a direct result of the move though...

SEbasic, Nov 29, 2004 IP
  3. TwisterMc

TwisterMc Mac Guru

Best Answers:
    So far SEbasic you are the only comment and I do appreciate it. I would like a few more though. ;) Maybe everyone else is still on holiday.

4. stephfoster

stephfoster Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I keep my blog on my site and I prefer it there. I like being able to go through the stats and if I should ever decide to torment myself and change to something other than Blogger, I don't have to worry about losing my old blog.

As for traffic, who knows? So long as it's linked to from your website and gets inbound links, I don't know that it would change that much.

stephfoster, Nov 29, 2004 IP
  5. piniyini

piniyini Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I moved my blog from blogger to my own domain and found out that blogger does not redirect to the new address and therefore creates duplicate content.

I average only 2 hits a day but I hope to have more in the future as content increases and it gets listed in the SERPS, but its only a personal site so I'm not fussy about getting huge numbers.

How did you manage to make it a PR3? Link exchanges? (as everyone keeps saying)

I dont know what to say in response to your other questions :confused: :rolleyes:

piniyini, Nov 29, 2004 IP
  6. TwisterMc

TwisterMc Mac Guru

Best Answers:
    I don't know how I got a PR3. ;) And as far as the duplicate content goes, that'd suck as I have lots of pages.

7. TwisterMc

TwisterMc Mac Guru

Best Answers:
    I think I'm going to move it when I get time. I'm worried about the headache it'll cause but I think it'll be worth it in the end. :D

TwisterMc, Nov 30, 2004 IP
  8. SEbasic

SEbasic Peon

Best Answers:
    If I were you, I would move avay from Blogger and go over to WordPress at the same time as moving the site.

WP is better. ;)

SEbasic, Nov 30, 2004 IP
  9. NewComputer

NewComputer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would absolutely recommend moving your blog to your own server. It increased my traffic immensely. Still ping when updated etc... but you can than incorporate the look and apply your style sheets etc....

Besides, the domains always look funny and you really aren't fully in control. If their servers go down, your site goes down.

NewComputer, Nov 30, 2004 IP
  10. TwisterMc

TwisterMc Mac Guru

Best Answers:
    I've already got my own look on my own blog. ;)

TwisterMc, Nov 30, 2004 IP