1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Most Internet Marketing Gurus Online Are Scammer

Discussion in 'General Business' started by yinghang1, Mar 14, 2009.

1. metros

metros Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    Well, I think that those "Gurus" that sell their books are pretty much successful marketers, You asking how come?
    1. Did you buy his book? YUP = He made a good sell = Good marketing method.
    That means he market his product well, and he have a results in his hands.

Now to the real accusations, Why on earth do you think that peoples selling "books" are "Gurus"? You really think that some one that make a good income revenue will show up and expose all his tricks? WAKE UP.

I really feel sorry for peoples buying books for a few reasons:

1. As I mentioned above.
    2. Google it and you'll find much better ideas/tricks.

* Real INET Marketers/SEO/SMO "Gurus" (Why using that word anyway? Lame.) wont waste their time by selling books.
    There are million of products, So you bought that ebook.
    If you'd buy a new mp3 player from an inet shop and it wont work, You'd say the web-shop marketer "Guru" is scammer? No, He made it - you bought the mp3 player parallelly to your Ebook.

If you didn't understand, Read my post twice and start using Google instead weird Ebooks :)

metros, Mar 23, 2009 IP
    Merkersarl likes this.
  2. Aertcz

Aertcz Peon

Best Answers:
    If you look at a lot of money making websites, they have a similar website layout. I'll try to get a screenie of a typical scam website. Although many people around here would probably laugh at this suggestion, try doing a BBB search.

Aertcz, Mar 23, 2009 IP
  3. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Name all the services and products you did *huge digging* on and found them to be scams.

Sounds to me like perhaps you purchased a piece of software that you couldn't figure out how to use and found a few complaints via Google and now you have unintelligent convinced yourself that every single existing tool and program are scams and won't work for anyone.

Most marketing schemes do IN FACT work. However VERY FEW people will see results because very few people will actually take action and follow instruction.

NetStar, Mar 24, 2009 IP
  4. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    A typical scam site? Such a screenshot you cannot produce since there is no such thing as a typical scam site.

Lots of websites that market a single product use a VENDOR style layout. Which is mainly a long scrolling page with lots of information. The purpose behind this is to engage the visitor and keep his attention without breaking it by forcing him/her to click on links and buttons. Once you reach the end of the page it hits you with all the features, bonuses, and a surprise deal. The reason why a lot of websites use a VENDOR layout is simply because...it converts!

I'd rather by a marketing product from a company that can actually demonstrate good marketing strategy on their own website rather than just dumping their product or service in a typical e-commerce shopping cart.

NetStar, Mar 24, 2009 IP
  5. Merkersarl

Merkersarl Peon

Best Answers:
    Some people call your "VENDOR style layout" by its real name: The Long Sales Letter. Its other characteristics are
    1. Several fictitious testimonials
    2. These fake testimonials have photos to make them more believeable
    3. Fake limited offers deals to con people into making a quick purchase for fear of losing out
    4. Ostensible "bonuses" - usually ebooks - that can usually be had free elsewhere without a purchase
    5. Fake limited time deals using javascript to post today's date as the expiry of the offer (so the buyer doesn't postpone the purchase)
    6. Fake limited stock (limited stock of ebooks!?)
    7. A hundred other tricks
    Using those is not good marketing strategy, it's a con. I've spoken to several "marketers" who see absolutely nothing wrong in creating their own testimonials, using javacript to stamp the expiry date of the offer etc. If you find a long sales letter using any of those tricks the one thing you know for sure is that the seller is a crooked, lying SOB. ;)

Merkersarl, Mar 25, 2009 IP
  6. Merkersarl

Merkersarl Peon

Best Answers:
    It does sound like he's generalising, doesn't it? How can he know that every single tool is a scam?

It's a good thing you've tested every single one (how else would you know that most "do work"?)

Merkersarl, Mar 25, 2009 IP
    metros likes this.
  7. jallikatu

jallikatu Peon

Best Answers:
    That was something awesome, life changing, earth shattering, mind blowing and never shared.
    Hell i am an internet guru now.:D

jallikatu, Mar 25, 2009 IP
  8. BeirutMarketing

BeirutMarketing Member

Best Answers:
    Not all are a complete scam. In fact the concepts in some of the ebooks, marketing courses, videos, etc WILL work in most cases, HOWEVER, they do require you to invest time and money to make things work.
    You will also need creativity on your part, in order to adapt what is shown to your business, instead of just copying it.
    Think of it like a business class in a university. They will teach you how to run a company, but you won't get details on exactly which products to sell, how to sell them, where to sell them, etc, otherwise, the whole thing would saturate if everyone is doing the same thing over and over again.

BeirutMarketing, Mar 27, 2009 IP