1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Most important directories

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by stubsy, Feb 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Other than the DMOZ and Yahoo can anyone please tell me what other directories it is important to get listed in?

I know all links are good but what other main directories do the search engines take notice of

stubsy, Feb 11, 2008 IP
  2. joffer

joffer Peon

Best Answers:
    Try listing in those :
    thelivinglink.net PR 6
    2kstar.org PR 6
    ajsclient.com PR 6
    bmtadvantage.com PR 6
    cswat.org PR 5

joffer, Feb 14, 2008 IP
  3. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Depends on what "important" means to you. If it means backlinks with decent pagerank to achieve better SE placement (the typical goal in a forum aimed at SEO)... there are a couple of threads on the subject of which directories to list at in DPs Directory forum (one link above this forum).

The three I see repeated most often are dirYahoo, BOTW.org, and Aviva.

In one thread a guy posted a fairly large list in order of PR which may help... http://workonline24.blogspot.com/2008/01/list-of-directories.html

To achieve what it sounds like you're trying for I'd suggest the following:

1. Decide how much you are willing to spend on this optimization venture and then grab your calculator and
    2. Submit to Dmoz (PR8, free submission). A link there costs nothing and helps if it gets in.
    3. Submit to others mentioned after calculating how much page rank per dollar you get when comparing the charge for review vs the directory's PR.
      • For example Yahoo has a PR8 and costs $399 annually...
        BOTW.org has a PR6 but costs $79.95 annually.
        For the cost of submitting to Yahoo once you could have hit FIVE slightly lower PR directories for a better net result. Do the math, spend the budget judiciously.

When submitting to any of the ones above I'd say compare the site to their regs carefully before submitting. If they have good PR they are known to refuse sites that don't fit (Google recently devalued straight "pay for inclusion" directories) so do your homework.

Hope this helps. Good luck.:)

robjones, Feb 14, 2008 IP
  4. zabalex

zabalex Member

Best Answers:
    Great post Robjones,I agree with you, botw, aviva and yahoo are the three most often mentioned.Good thing about the first two is they allow single lifetime payment while yahoo always annual.As far as blogspot post of "high" PR directories, looking back 3 years, have devalued their PR by 60-80%. Most of PR6 homepages are now PR2.

I'd like to know if there're any directories such as dmoz, or reasonably priced that would still provide benefit?

Thank you,

zabalex, Oct 10, 2011 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.