1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Moscow Bans Pride for the Next 100 Years

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Shahar, Jun 10, 2012.

The Moscow municipal government had decided to issue a blanket refusal of any request to hold a gay pride demonstration for the next 100 years. But the decision was immediately challenged by LGBT rights leader Nikolay Alekseyev, and this week’s ruling was the final in a series of appeals by Alekseyev. He had simultaneously helped organize a letter-writing campaign in an attempt to stop the law.

Andre Banks of the LGBT rights organization AllOut aimed higher up than the municipal government in assigning blame.

"Remarkably, President Putin has stayed silent as members of his party advance a provocative antigay agenda that is putting him on a collision course with his allies in Europe and around the world,” Banks said in a statement. “Denying 100 years of Pride is no way to make friends in 2012.”

Banks went on to speak to the overall meaning of gay pride celebrations and their roots in the United States. “This ruling reminds us that Pride is every bit as meaningful today as it was after Stonewall in 1969 — millions around the world are still fighting for the basic right to live openly and love who they choose,” he said. “Much like that memorable summer, this fight will continue and it will be successful. With serious pressure mounting from Russians — gay and straight — along with other world leaders, Putin will soon have to choose whether or not to be on the right side of history."

The next step is to bring the issue to the European Court of Human Rights, of which Russia recently became a member.

The Russian government has painted its antigay efforts as simply protecting “the majority’s rights.” Russia’s official representative at the United Nations said the government felt that “no international commitments are breached.” He added, “It is not appropriate to give rise to appreciation of special groups such as LGBT.”

The most powerful voice to soon speak may be an unlikely one. Madonna has stated that she intends to “speak up for the gay community, to support the gay community, and to give strength and inspiration to anyone who is or feels oppressed” at her concerts in St. Petersburg and Moscow this August.

I'm gay, and I live in Tel Aviv. 2 days ago, we held the biggest pride parade in the history of Israel, and I feel like we're moving forward, but than I see things like that that really make me feel cruelty and Homophobia :confused:. What do you think?

BTW I found a picture from Tel Aviv Pride Parade 2012.
    [​IMG]

Shahar, Jun 10, 2012 IP
  2. ApocalypseXL

ApocalypseXL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Did they banned the Straight Pride parade as well ?

ApocalypseXL, Jun 10, 2012 IP
  3. Shahar

Shahar Active Member

Best Answers:
    Is it you trying to be sarcastic?

Shahar, Jun 11, 2012 IP
  4. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    No, he is trying to be stupid and his success rate is 100%:D

gworld, Jun 11, 2012 IP
  5. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    [video=youtube;xac7t38iJDA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xac7t38iJDA[/video]

I don't think they like this type of get together either:

Last edited: Jun 11, 2012
    Rebecca, Jun 11, 2012 IP
  6. ApocalypseXL

Best Answers:

View attachment 84069

ApocalypseXL, Jun 11, 2012 IP
  7. ipostmedia

ipostmedia Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think if the country full of anti-gay people, maybe you should migrate to a country that accept it. e.g United States. You can't expect everyone to accept you.

ipostmedia, Jun 15, 2012 IP
  8. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Rebecca, Jun 16, 2012 IP
  9. ApocalypseXL

Best Answers:
    Yes how silly of them to deny the celebration of a lifestyle that results in 20% HIV occurrence , 190% higher rate drug usage and 300% higher rate of suicide . This should be encouraged and respected as all great choices , right ?

Also your "plenty of interest in Russia" shows constant graph and no numbers . Nice way to back up your claim . I can do the same thing in MS-Paint .

ApocalypseXL, Jun 16, 2012 IP
  10. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Are you referring to life in Romania? People living there don´t need any encouragement to live there, they have no choice. ;)

gworld, Jun 17, 2012 IP
  11. Mikaël2

Mikaël2 Member

Best Answers:
    Moscow must be a great city to live in then. You're day (at-least in the next 100 years) won't be ruined by some gays having a meaningless parade.

Respect for the man behind the idea of outlawing gay parades.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2012
    Mikaël2, Jun 17, 2012 IP
  12. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Interesting study...

Last edited: Jun 17, 2012
    Rebecca, Jun 17, 2012 IP
  13. ApocalypseXL

Best Answers:
    Yep that's definitely it , people who disagree with a choice that resulted in igniting the AIDS epidemic must be homophobic . Let me give you round of applause for cherry picking part of the article .

For gstring & becca

1311638133152.jpg

ApocalypseXL, Jun 17, 2012 IP
  14. Mikaël2

Mikaël2 Member

Best Answers:
    This obviously is a bogus study. Duh !

And it doesn't interest me, at all.

Mikaël2, Jun 17, 2012 IP
  15. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Looking at the number of people in Pakistan, Arab countries, India,.... who are so vocal against homosexuality and the number of closet gays in those countries and communities, it seems the study is right on the target.
    Romanian hatred against homosexuality is probably different because so many of them had to work in sex industry as boy toys for tourists in order to survive and probably that is the reason they hate homosexuals but Apocalypsexl can put more light on this subject from his personal experience living in Romania.

gworld, Jun 17, 2012 IP
  16. TheRoman

TheRoman Peon

Best Answers:
    Easier said than done. Getting into the United States ain't as easy as it used to be, that's for sure.

TheRoman, Jun 17, 2012 IP
  17. Mikaël2

Mikaël2 Member

Best Answers:
    If you can see who is a closet gay, and who is not, then I'm Michael Jackson.

It is for the Mexicans.

Mikaël2, Jun 17, 2012 IP
  18. Shahar

Shahar Active Member

Best Answers:
    Really? It's a city of hate and racism. Respect them? Why? It's not a democratic law and very homophobic. Try to put yourself as a gay teen in Russia, and imagine all the hate all around you.

Shahar, Jun 17, 2012 IP
  19. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Your Imams are as bad as Catholic priests, so it is foolish of you to deny the rampant homosexuality in Pakistan and Arab countries. :)

gworld, Jun 18, 2012 IP
  20. Mikaël2

Mikaël2 Member

Best Answers:
    It's a bit rich of you to say that Moscow s a city of hate and racism isn't it ? Clean your own house, before you start cleaning others.

Mikaël2, Jun 18, 2012 IP