1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

More traffic than usual

Discussion in 'Google' started by nfzgrld, Apr 4, 2007.

About three weeks ago I started getting more than triple the traffic I was getting before. It went from 300 to 400 uniques a day to well over 1000. In looking at my stats a great deal of the new traffic is coming from google search results. The only problem is the traffic doesn't seem to be related to my targeted keywords. :confused:

nfzgrld, Apr 4, 2007 IP
  2. InetMS

InetMS Peon

Best Answers:
    Do you have any type of analytics software on the domain, like Google's freebie Urchin? This would give you some indication of the keywords that were being used, hopefully this is organic traffic yes?

InetMS, Apr 4, 2007 IP
  3. nfzgrld

nfzgrld Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, the traffic is organic as far as I can tell. It's coming form search engines, google mostly, and a bunch of directory lists I've submitted to over the past months.

nfzgrld, Apr 4, 2007 IP
  4. snapplekid13

snapplekid13 Active Member

Best Answers:
    If its organic... WHO CARES LOL!

Whats the site anyway? It might be a seasonal thing... or something!

snapplekid13, Apr 4, 2007 IP
  5. nfzgrld

nfzgrld Peon

Best Answers:
    The site is the directory in my sig. The increase in traffic happened just after I started redoing the site. It had been neglected for a few months as other stuff just had to take priority. I started cleaning up all the spam and fixing some filters that weren't working right. I used to get over 100 submission a day, at least half of which was spam. Once I cleaned it up, fixed the filters and put in the visual confirmation it went down to 20 to 30 good submissions a day.

nfzgrld, Apr 4, 2007 IP