1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

More than one URL

Discussion in 'SEO' started by flyingkiwi, Mar 6, 2005.

Hi,

I am pretty new to the optimisation world but have recently launched a new site (still plenty of work to do on content though!) the main url is www.algarverentalapartments.com but it also uses www.algarverentalapartme

thannt.com directing to the same site. Does anyone know if this is a good idea (i am trying to allow for people making typos).

Some people have suggested that having more than one url pointing to the site may be detremental. Any suggestions would be much appreciated and any general SEO tips, as i say ive a long way to go.

I am also the marketing director for these guys www.flyingkiwi.com and again any advice happily welcome and sure could be contra-d with a subsised trip if you are heading our way!

thanks in advance for any help
    neil

flyingkiwi, Mar 6, 2005 IP
  2. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    No problem to use two as long as you [search=google]301 redirect[/search] the secondary one to the main one. If you fail to do that you have duplicate content.

T0PS3O, Mar 6, 2005 IP
  3. flyingkiwi

flyingkiwi Peon

Best Answers:
    briiliant thanks for that, really appreciate it, out of interest how do you get that footer on - cant believe how quicky you got that response up!!!

4. honey

honey Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    do u mean the signature ? You need to be an active poster with like 50-60 posts before you can have your own sig, if that is what you are asking for.

honey, Mar 6, 2005 IP
  5. celt

celt Peon

Best Answers:
    All you need is 10 posts, then wait an hour or so and you can add your own signature

celt, Mar 6, 2005 IP
  6. flyingkiwi

flyingkiwi Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks guys been really helpfu, also to rephrase my first questions slightly:
    'Does having multiple domain names aliased to one web site affect se ranking?

7. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    When not redirected properly it can have detrimental effects.

In no way can it boost ranking.

T0PS3O, Mar 6, 2005 IP
  8. celt

celt Peon

Best Answers:
    That raises question of how to redirect properly. I've added these lines to my .htaccess file to redirect all requests for montesdemalaga.com to www.montesdemalaga.com:

RewriteEngine on
    RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^www\.montesdemalaga\.com [NC]
    RewriteRule ^(.*) http://www.montesdemalaga.com/$1 [L,R=301]

Is that correct?

celt, Mar 7, 2005 IP