1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

More proof google sucks

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by boogle, Sep 17, 2004.

1. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Except I don't really care what they are doing (I have better things to think about), it was purely speculation.

digitalpoint, Sep 19, 2004 IP
  2. iShopHQ

iShopHQ Peon

Best Answers:
    What about proxy servers, like AOL or Earthlink, where EVERYONE in a specific geolocation comes through set servers with set IPs?

Or a company lan. Company has 2000 people on a lan and shop during lunch hour or something. All the click come from different machines, but show same IP.....

iShopHQ, Sep 21, 2004 IP
  3. Jackobo007

Jackobo007 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey guy,
    So from what I understand is that hmmm.
    Well I have this site that I'm going to put up and I want to place it as the homepage of an internet cafe network that I have with over 40,000 users a month, divided between 30 - 50 machines, so... I guess that won't be good idea since I'll have the same IP for most of them, I think around 4-5 machines per location.
    Any suggestions?

Jackobo007, Sep 21, 2004 IP
  4. disgust

disgust Guest

Best Answers:
    with something like that, you may actually want to contact google ahead of time

disgust, Sep 21, 2004 IP
  5. NewComputer

NewComputer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yea, contact Google. Let them know, but I don't think they will go for it.

NewComputer, Sep 21, 2004 IP
  6. nriweb

nriweb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    as for the San Diego example, I dont think Google would be using ip 2 location checks ... as a San Deigo based website for San Deigo will have most of the users from that region ..

I think other than the publishers ip and cookie checks, nothing else makes much sense ...

think of this ... say i work in a company with 1000 employees and forward a funny link to all of them and they visit and 100 of them click on an ad ... and on the next working day there 70 more users clicking ... then all these 170 clicks could be from the same ip (if all r behind a proxy) ...

I think that the adwords adveterisers who finally pay has some say in what he thinks as a bogus click ... the one who pays must surely be going thru the list and would be very careful that no one is fooling him ... and thats why google says that sometimes the amount payable to you could be reversed/ decreased based on whether the advertiser pays or not .. ( faintly remem this .. need to double check)...

my 2 cents ..

nriweb, Sep 23, 2004 IP
  7. bulup

bulup Peon

Best Answers:
    is there any way to recover google adsense program at a site if it is blocked or terminated someway
    thanks

bulup, Oct 29, 2004 IP
  8. Nazarite

Nazarite Guest

Best Answers:
    So does Google prevents people from clicking their own adwords? Does anybody know if there is a specific number from a particular IP that can be clicked. I've heard rumours of ppl setting up "clicking" networks where you pay someone 50 cents to click a dollar adword.

Is this true or will Google stop it?

Nazarite, Nov 1, 2004 IP
  9. sapphiro15

sapphiro15 Peon

Best Answers:
    Is that allowed? Why are you charging so much hehe jk :D

Boogle, how's the appeal going...

sapphiro15, Nov 7, 2004 IP