1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

More MSN Rank Problems

Discussion in 'Bing' started by AaronL, Sep 28, 2005.

Most of my pages bombed out big time on the MSN Search in the past day or so. I was ranking 1+2 for pretty much all of my targtered keywords, and using the DigitalPoint keyword ranking tracker, atleast half of them have dropped off the face of the planet (upwards of 10,000 spots).

I am targeting The Melbourne Cup, which is an Australian horse race happening here in a month. My main site is www.melbournecupodds.com and its been ranking very very well until yesterday. Search phrases such as 'Melbourne Cup', 'Melbourne Cup 2005', 'Melbourne Cup Betting Odds' and a load of others all dropped significantly.

Does anyone know whats going on? I am reading MSN did an algorithmn update recently, but am concerned at why it would be so sudden. My pages are all 100% web standards with high quality SEO and unique content updated daily applied to them, plenty of quality backlinks and all the rest.

The only thing I can think of what that I did put out quite a few 'mini' sites designed to push traffic to my main site - however these are all unique sites with unique content and all the SEO work/standards I mentioned above.

Something that also crosses my mind is that the official site of the Melbourne Cup has been on a rampage the last few weeks, trying to buy up other peoples domains and basically using bully tactics - although it seems unlikely they would/could have anything to do with it correct?

Any help is appreciated.

AaronL, Sep 28, 2005 IP
  2. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    Several people have reported non-spam sites getting dropped significantly over the last several days.

I was trying to check and see when the last time your main page was cached but it is not even showing up for the first few pages under www.melbournecupodds.com One of the things I noticed on a few of my sites with problems too. The homepage is not showing up at the top of the listings and has not had the cache page updated in 4 or 5 days.

Personally I think something is pretty messed up with MSN right now, and am waiting to see what happens.

aeiouy, Sep 28, 2005 IP
  3. iqra_psh

iqra_psh Active Member

Best Answers:
    My site droped from #1 to no where.
    not used any spam or baned method.

iqra_psh, Sep 28, 2005 IP
  4. iqra_psh

iqra_psh Active Member

Best Answers:
    while one of my site still on #1 with targeted keywords almost 10 to 15 keywords.

iqra_psh, Sep 28, 2005 IP
  5. ashu

ashu Banned

Best Answers:
    Well I am down from #1 position to #3 position. But doing some work to get back on #1 spot.;)

ashu, Oct 1, 2005 IP
  6. ashiezai

ashiezai Peon

Best Answers:
    hmm ... my site used to be #1 .. then it dropped to #3 a few days ago ... then it is nowhere to be seen now ... :( MSN is still tweaking their algo ... hope that my site will come back soon

ashiezai, Oct 2, 2005 IP
  7. sivko23

sivko23 Peon

Best Answers:
    I share your hopes.

The question is Why is this happening, algo is a complex thing but we can break it down bit by bit, what changes did you make, on onpage and offpage elements lately, write it down in document, all site recreation, then you can do research on forums based on what changes you made, or give it to someone who knows how things work. :D Like post it here and people may be able to point out errors in your optimization.

sivko23, Oct 2, 2005 IP
  8. Web Gazelle

Web Gazelle Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Looks like sites are coming back now. The update might be finished.

Web Gazelle, Oct 3, 2005 IP
  9. AaronL

AaronL Peon

Best Answers:
    Glad to see sites are coming back for most people - however my sites still seem to be nowhere to be seen. Checked some stats this morning and the number of visits was back up and MSNbot has been doing a bit of spidering so thats good news. Last visit was early this morning.

I guess I will just have to keep an eye on it - lets hope my sites are next to come up :)

Keep you all posted.

AaronL, Oct 3, 2005 IP
  10. AaronL

AaronL Peon

Best Answers:
    Well my rankings are slowly but surely coming back upto the top of the SERPS. About half have been put back to where they were and I am sure the rest will follow.

Here's to more good times with MSN :)

AaronL, Oct 3, 2005 IP
  11. iqra_psh

iqra_psh Active Member

Best Answers:
    i am back to #1 on targeted keywords.

iqra_psh, Oct 4, 2005 IP
  12. Web Gazelle

Web Gazelle Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have seen some drops over night. The update may still be going. I will keep watching it.

Web Gazelle, Oct 4, 2005 IP