1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Monthly Report for June

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by lmocr, Jul 10, 2006.

1. compostannie

compostannie Peon

Best Answers:
    compostannie, Jul 12, 2006 IP
  2. ishfish

ishfish Peon

Best Answers:
    Figures.:eek:

ishfish, Jul 12, 2006 IP
  3. brizzie

brizzie Peon

Best Answers:
    Glad to see Regional still leading the pack but overall the situation is far worse than I thought it was. Yet I see no projects in http://projects.dmoz.org/index.cgi attempting to do anything about it. I simply do not understand why there are so few people that do not see a serious problem that needs to be given a higher priority than Wikipedia mapping or tips of the day. It is very sad. :(

brizzie, Jul 14, 2006 IP
  4. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Are the editors for this category and this
    and this included in the report ? Are they active ?

popotalk, Jul 28, 2006 IP
  5. helleborine

helleborine Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Interesting.

Any organization that is hostile to new blood and denies so many applications with proper sites and good descriptions because the applications don't grovel the required number of paragraphs, contains the seeds of its own destruction. Believe me, I know. This is a fact. Good descriptions and appropriate sites aren't enough. Abundant signs of future sycophantic behavior are obligatory.

From my admittedly narrow point of view here, I think any organization that would lock out, without warning, someone like myself, who tirelessly edited 11K listings in six months, the overwhelming majority of which in areas I had no interest in, from chipmunks to cement, and who was uber-cautious about fair treatment to others in my field, contains the seeds of its own destrution.

Any organization that allows the likes of kctipton to harass the scant new blood contains the seeds of its own destruction.

Annie knows who I am. ;-) Hi Annie! My beloved old categories have been quite neglected, haven't they? Hardly any action since I left, it appears. It's a pity. And to think I cleared all my queues daily. I bet that they are again filled with 2 yr-old submissions.

helleborine, Jul 30, 2006 IP
  6. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    LOL. :D There is no shortage of that among the editors, as it can be seen by some editors postings who post in this forum. ;)

gworld, Jul 30, 2006 IP