1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Moneybookers Question

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by SpeedAdmin, Dec 26, 2006.

I am from Pakistan which means that I cannot accept Paypal. So now the second most talked about method here is moneybookers. I checked out their site and have a question.

The site states that the receiving money is free but it does cost to send money. Is this not a problem? I mean if someone buys my services for $1000 then they will be at a disadvantage if I use this method. I can see that using basic maths you can invoice them in a way such that the total will be $1000 (inclusive of the sending fee) but is this not something in convenient?

How do you people using moneybookers operate?

SpeedAdmin, Dec 26, 2006 IP
  2. koolasia

koolasia Banned

Best Answers:
    in moneybookers u will get the whole 1000 and that guy has to pay the fee but whereas in paypal user has will pay 1000 paypal will take fees from it and then will give u the rest atleast thats wat i think till now

koolasia, Dec 26, 2006 IP
  3. Disguised

Disguised Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hello,

Money bookers doesn't charge any fees when you transfer funds from one account to another. Either it is receiving funds or sending. I received some bucks few days ago and no fees (since I am new to MB too) and I am yet to send money to any other MB account.But one of my friend told me that he sent money as well with no fees.But You have to pay fees when you want to withdraw or upload funds from/to your MoneyBookers account.

EDIT: # Send Money: 1% (up to EUR 0.50)
    # Receive Money: FREE

This is what I found on the main site. Not sure what is this :)

Hope this helps
    Regards

Disguised, Dec 27, 2006 IP
  4. Scriptona

Scriptona Notable Member

Best Answers:
    In Moneybookers transfers between Moneybookers accounts are free of charge

the fees listed Here are for transfers to/from your Moneybookers account and your bank account

you can join our Moneybookers club now ;)

Scriptona, Dec 27, 2006 IP
  5. Disguised

Disguised Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Oh yeah!
    I forgot to mention about Moneybookers club (though I have a link in my signature :) ). Btw I am going to change my avatar ;)

Disguised, Dec 27, 2006 IP
  6. Fastian

Fastian Peon

Best Answers:
    Sending/receiving is not free with any processor. Every company has its own policies and you should not be worried about it. If you are concern that the person who is going to send will be charged more, then you can always ask him to send (Amount-Charges). In this way, indirectly you will be paying the charges as well.

If you have any other question regarding MB, let me know.

Fastian, Dec 27, 2006 IP
  7. Muhammad Haris

Muhammad Haris Peon

Best Answers:
    It's not a big disadvantage for me because few cents are worth nothing, if your customer is going to send you $1000, charge them less if you are honest . Charge them $9980 or just calculate up with the sending fees.:rolleyes:

Muhammad Haris, Dec 27, 2006 IP
  8. SpeedAdmin

SpeedAdmin Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the replies. I see that there is no other way but to charge the customer a little less such that they end up payiong the exact amount while I receive a little less. Not very "clean" though. I guess a better result can be acheived by using 2CO as it will put the charges on me and not cause confusion with a customer (especially a new customer).

SpeedAdmin, Dec 27, 2006 IP
  9. Fastian

Fastian Peon

Best Answers:
    Will you like to explain a bit what are you trying to do??
    I dont see any problem in the current way. May be in your situation it is different. But in normal dealing, one have to pay the charges, either seller or buyer.

Fastian, Dec 27, 2006 IP
  10. Scriptona

Scriptona Notable Member

Best Answers:
    In order to use 2CO you must be selling your product/service via a fixed website and you will have to get another license for any new website that you will be using for selling goods/services

Scriptona, Dec 27, 2006 IP
  11. Muhammad Haris

Muhammad Haris Peon

Best Answers:
    Ewww, 2co, check out their fee structure. Last time, I've used it. It's really high but still re-consider about MB because someone has to pay for fees. Everything is not free in world.

Muhammad Haris, Dec 28, 2006 IP
  12. sufi

sufi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The maximum fee is 0.50 Euro per transaction. If you are receiving $1000, $0.50 isnt a big deal.

sufi, Dec 28, 2006 IP
  13. ficgs

ficgs Guest

Best Answers:
    I agree, moneybookers seems to be a very good solution if you need to exchange money in the whole world !

ficgs, Dec 29, 2006 IP
  14. huile

huile Member

Best Answers:
    yes ,the buyer will pay the fee ,you cant need worry about it .

huile, Dec 29, 2006 IP