1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Money Is In The List

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Ethan Alvin, Apr 21, 2014.

"The money is in the List."

"The real money is in the Follow Up."

This post goes out to all the newbies who are currently experimenting with the various IM methods to earn money.

When I first started out, I was blinded by greed and thought it was easy to make money online (with all the promises and claims made).

I first promoted Clickbank and used 7Search PPC to advertise.
    So without knowing anything, and thinking that by simply sending traffic to a Clickbank offer, I'd be rich. So I loaded $50 into my PPC account, and when I checked the next day, POOF, the entire fund was depleted.

I was of course excited as it meant that my Clickbank offer received tons of traffic. Well, when I checked my Clickbank reporting, all I saw was tons of 'Hops' and did not have a single sale.

So lesson learnt?
    You see, after $50 on paid advertising, I was left with nothing but the number of 'Hops' to admire. There was no way I could follow up as I did not sending the traffic to a lead capture page (I didn't know there was such a thing).

* Remember this, your paid advertising must always go into creating an 'Asset' - a List.

I then explored CPA marketing, Brokering various services and even doing a blogs.

The same thing happened: I didn't create a List.

It was only until 3 months ago where I started building my list, sending them follow up emails with valuable info (please don't spam them).

I think most of you have heard of this saying: "With email marketing, whenever you need money, just send out an email and you will have the cash."

I experienced it for myself and saw the power of email marketing.

So remember, always make sure that every dime you spend on advertising goes into creating an Asset.

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers!
    Alvin

Ethan Alvin, Apr 21, 2014 IP
  2. seocrusher

seocrusher Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Alvin, I'm agree with you even my opinion is not everyone like doing list building and they just stay away from autoresponder bills.

seocrusher, Apr 21, 2014 IP
  3. VukasinI

VukasinI Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Alvin

I'm kind of glad that you were burned on 7search. Don't get me wrong, I'm not happy you lost your $50 but I'm glad you saw that it's not easy to make money just by investing $50.

That's how learning goes. You fail, you get up and continue. Next time you won't fail on same obstacle.

Keep rocking Alvin!

VukasinI, Apr 22, 2014 IP
  4. Ethan Alvin

Ethan Alvin Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Haha no worries. I'm glad I did too. Best $50 spent! :)

Ethan Alvin, Apr 22, 2014 IP
    VukasinI likes this.
  5. VukasinI

VukasinI Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hahaha, I don't doubt!

VukasinI, Apr 22, 2014 IP
  6. HomeDesigner

HomeDesigner Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    We all spent a certain amount of our very few dollars in the Paypal at the beginning, actually you should be thankful as it was only $50.
    Lesson learned yet ?

HomeDesigner, Apr 22, 2014 IP
  7. Automation Hero

Automation Hero Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Great advice! Which email service are you using and do you like it so far?

Automation Hero, Apr 22, 2014 IP
  8. vna1611

vna1611 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Great insights. Thanks for sharing.

vna1611, Apr 22, 2014 IP
  9. KonRadicool

KonRadicool Active Member

Best Answers:
    @Ethan Alvin I'm beginning to notice that you have plenty of great information to share with everyone. Great work and continue what you are doing as I think people are really getting a lot of simple yet effective tips that can help them with their online businesses :)
    Regards
    Konrad

KonRadicool, Apr 23, 2014 IP
  10. SuperiorWD

SuperiorWD Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Have always put off building a list, since I personally dislike any newsletters and make sure I never subscribe to them. Yet I see many people do see a value in this so, if it's quality information, they'll probably not dislike it. On to creating it now :)

SuperiorWD, Apr 23, 2014 IP
  11. Ethan Alvin

Ethan Alvin Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I'm currently using AWeber, Power Lead System & Pure Leverage to handle my email campaigns :)

I was in the same situation. It's all about giving your subscribers value & updates, and not spam them with offers to make money off them.
    The beauty is that you only have to set up your email campaigns once and let the autoresponder take care of all subsequent subscribers.

Thanks for your kind words Konrad! You too :)

Ethan Alvin, Apr 23, 2014 IP
    KonRadicool likes this.