1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Feedback Moderators Show a Little Logic Please

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by wissam, Mar 4, 2016.

well, I have been on DP for a really long time and this didn't happen before.
    Some mods practice power by doing non logical things like removing a thread that is perfectly in place or deleting my hard writing work, do I look like spam? apparently I don't need traffic from DP as a person who helped many in DP get traffic lol, and for sure I know where I am posting I am not new to forums, this is not a rage post, I am asking mercy on the noobs and oldies!

I hope you reconsider logic before deleting a post + learn to move it instead of the lazy choice.

Regards

wissam, Mar 4, 2016 IP
    seo_buzz likes this.
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    If you are referring to you as for web hosting services that you posted outside of the Buy/Sell/Trade area, there is no other option than for it to be deleted. You can't post a web hosting service offer without verifying ownership of the domain. Not sure exactly how you would expect a moderator to verify ownership of a domain you own (it can't be done).

digitalpoint, Mar 4, 2016 IP
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I'm reasonably confident that one warning is going to expire alone and without influence.

sarahk, Mar 4, 2016 IP
  4. wissam

wissam Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Good to see you Shawn, long time, well the domain ownership was done by uploading a text file but still the thread refused with an error, and no I didn't mean that particular I have been spectating for the last few years and every time I try to start a thread gets deleted which kept me away as I take time write.

However I developed a new habit of just helping people who is already asking something and I am not going to start a new thread unless its something really important lol

Again good to see u, I miss the old days, miss nintendo too.

wissam, Mar 4, 2016 IP
  5. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Well that's the only thread of yours that was deleted in the last couple years and the only one you have a warning for. What thread are you talking about exactly?

6. wissam

wissam Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe it was only that, it came to my mind today when I was going to start a thread and remembered the reason why I didn't come here anymore, I know that it's nothing personal and I might be wrong, but I have given so much to this forum and loved it for years and feels like home, the point of my post is I don't want anyone to feel the same as I felt, and threads should be moved instead of delete + warning, after all I am not here to leech but to be part of this community.

I hope you understand that I started this because I was hurt, this is my point of view only, you don't know how much achievement I feel when I start a thread it takes me back to good old days and I am sensitive about it.

wissam, Mar 4, 2016 IP
  7. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Well like I said, it's internally impossible for a thread to be moved to an area that requires a domain to be verified for ownership to post a thread. Simple as that. If it was misplaced and should have been in an area that didn't have that requirement, it would have been moved.

There is a domain ownership verification requirement on that area for a reason. Moving threads to that area without verifying the ownership of the domain would basically make it all pointless and should just remove the domain ownership requirement at that point since you aren't going to actually require it.

8. wissam

wissam Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the explanation, I understand now :)
    I applied for text file upload validation, once it updates the status I will re-post in market, this time selling VPS as I can't find the freebies section anymore as I wanted to offer ads free domain hosting.

Thank you ^^

wissam, Mar 4, 2016 IP
  9. ListBuyDomains

ListBuyDomains Banned

Best Answers:
    I know how you feel. With forum this size can be confusing. Good luck!

BTW: The freebie section would be nice...

ListBuyDomains, Mar 18, 2016 IP
  10. wissam

wissam Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Freebies section is long gone, I remember when it was there.

wissam, Mar 18, 2016 IP
  11. Zoti Media Group

Zoti Media Group Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yeah it was full of free templates with malware or hidden/encoded cookie stuffing affiliates.

Zoti Media Group, Mar 18, 2016 IP
  12. wissam

wissam Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't understand if you are sarcastic or what, plus I am talking about 2005 before script kiddies join this forum.

wissam, Mar 18, 2016 IP