1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Modelling Question

Discussion in 'Databases' started by Jeremy Benson, Jul 7, 2014.

Hello,

I have a question regarding my database model. I'm going to have different types of profiles where users can post show information... Users can have music, video, and drama profiles, amongst others.

I had a database table set up called musicprofile. It had show1date, show1time, show1venue, show1country and so forth up to a ninth show. I got thinking since I had multiple types of profiles I should segregate all those show variables into their own table so I would only have to type them out once. Then I could have a variable called profileType, or something like that so I could tell where to put the data once I take it out... What's a good way about going about this? Is the way I mentioned here good?

I always design poorly first, and see what I can improve... Then I end up scrapping a bunch and starting over, lol.

Jeremy Benson, Jul 7, 2014 IP
  2. shemseddine

shemseddine Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think you're getting your head around it step by step. Search for normal forms and read about them to get a better understanding

shemseddine, Jul 7, 2014 IP