1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Mod_Rewrite and SERPs

Discussion in 'Google' started by dp-user-1, Nov 25, 2009.

Hello,

A few days ago, my Christmas Countdown 2009 was ranked very highly for a few keywords. Then I modified my .htaccess file to force the user to www.xmasclock.com, as opposed to xmasclock.com (using 301 redirects).

Since then, I've lost all listings on Google, except for site: searches. Even searches for the URL don't produce high results.

It's been like this for almost a week. Should I change the .htaccess file back?

It's very, very frustrating to see my stats just drop off like that.

Thanks,
    Peter

Last edited: Nov 25, 2009
    dp-user-1, Nov 25, 2009 IP
  2. vivesoftech

vivesoftech Peon

Best Answers:
    Ranking drop was not due to Mod_Rewrite but its due to some other factor like you have just 2 pages indexed.

vivesoftech, Nov 26, 2009 IP
  3. ThreatOn

ThreatOn Peon

Best Answers:
    Send responce for reintexing through Webmaster Tool. Maybe it helps.

ThreatOn, Nov 26, 2009 IP
  4. Barre Tire

Barre Tire Peon

Best Answers:
    I would sit tight, We did the same thing you have done with a sight and on Nov 5th lost all rankings for main page. I have been assured by some top SEO friends that this caused some flux, However when we return we will be much stronger. Just make sure you redirected to whichever version had the most quality links...

Barre Tire, Nov 26, 2009 IP