1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Mod-rewrite may still work for smaller sites.

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by Help Desk, Aug 25, 2004.

You may have read in previous posts that I was having difficulties getting my static pages to be cached properly. I change the title and description data on all of them to be slightly different. Well after doing that, not only has Google cached those pages, it has gone ahead and cached thousands more.

Any other ideas? The site is static.thinkbling.com.

Help Desk, Aug 25, 2004 IP
  2. expat

expat Stranger from a far land

Best Answers:
    IMHO the se's don't like same title same desc on more than one page.

Since I use to simply include different title & desc tags and have a slightly random text element on generic pages the uptake is faster but it seems there is a ceiling per run on G as it just gobled up 600 new pages but only included 200 as of today.

M

expat, Aug 25, 2004 IP
  3. Help Desk

Help Desk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It would definitely make sense if Google takes it's time when it starts to cache more of a website. I also feel that it is limited by the Page Rank of its pages too. In otherwords the higher average Page Rank of a site, the more content Google sucks up.

Help Desk, Aug 25, 2004 IP