1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Mod Pagespeed Configuration

Discussion in 'Apache' started by TecBrat, Oct 22, 2013.

I asked this question on another site and it's not getting any attention, so I decided to try it here.

Server: CentOS, Apache, WHM/Cpanel, Hostgator dedicated.
    I had mod_pagespeed installed and working. Someone at HG ran a script that killed mod-pagespeed and they had to re-install it.
    Now, it is installed. If I open our page in firefox I can check the headers and saw the pagespeed header. But, if I search the HTML Source, I have no mention of "pagespeed" anywhere. (I used to see all the image sources re-written to a pagespeed version.)
    HG says they don't support PageSpeed, so they're no more help at the moment.
    If I visit www.mysite.com/mod_pagespeed_message, I see several messages like:
    Initiating async fetch for http://127.0.0.1/banner2/13.jpg
    Code (markup):
    Since I have several VHosts on this one server, that URL is not specific enough to find the image. I think that's ONE of my problems.
    I have root access to the server using PuTTY and know how to use pico/nano to edit a config file, so if your answers require that, I can follow along.
    Update: When I specifically added ModPagespeedEnableFilters rewrite_images to my configuration file, it did turn my favicon into a data: uri, but it seems like the other filters fail because it is trying to use the localhost IP instead of the domain name.

TecBrat, Oct 22, 2013 IP
  2. matrafox

matrafox Active Member

Best Answers:
    matrafox, Nov 14, 2013 IP