1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Mobile Touch Doesn't Work. Why?

Discussion in 'JavaScript' started by SoftLink, Nov 4, 2021.

My app does its best to accomodate mobile phones.
    It depends on the phone's browser.

I'm noticing that touch events, mostly touchstart and touchmove do not fire reliably.
    I'm having to strip out anything that involves touch events for mobile applications.

I'd like to find a way to rectify this problem.
    I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing this.
    I'm mostly testing Google Chrome for Android.

How can I make touch events fire reliably on mobile phones in the Web browser.

SoftLink, Nov 4, 2021 IP
  2. Amony11

Amony11 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    When a touch screen stops working after a phone is dropped it's sometimes due to the digitizer connection coming loose internally. In that case, gently tapping on each corner of the phone may cause it to reconnect. If that doesn't work, fixing the digitizer requires taking the phone apart.

Amony11, Nov 8, 2021 IP
  3. SoftLink

SoftLink Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks. It's an html thing though, a software problem. It was consistent on any phone I used. All of them used Google Chrome though.
    I started using pointermove instead and I added a style change: touch-action: 'none' to stop it from moving the browser screen around.
    It works fine now.

SoftLink, Nov 8, 2021 IP