1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Mobile Phone - good or bad?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dipal76, Jun 11, 2014.

Dear Friends,
    Most of people use Mobile Phone for day to day activity in personal and business life.
    Is there any problem create on health if a person continue talk on Mobile?
    Give suggestions if anybody knows....

dipal76, Jun 11, 2014 IP
  2. Karuna17

Karuna17 Member

Best Answers:
    I've read lots of conspiracy stuff about mobile phones being really harmful because of their radiation.
    Like the facts that non of the vendors indicates the actual phone transmitter power, which is often as high as 400 milliwatt.
    In theory, it must be true - having a transmitter that powerful near your body all the time should be harmful. Keeping it near your head for long time should be harmful too. I've seen several people telling they usually have some headache after more than 20 minute talk.
    Again, it's pure theory telling us that radiation can cause cancer.
    However, billions of people use mobiles and we don't seem to have a plague of brain-cancer on the planet.
    So, this harmful must be way exaggerated.

On the other hand, I personally choose to stick with school physics and try to keep it away from my body when there's no real need to.

Karuna17, Jun 11, 2014 IP
  3. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Not good for health but mobile phone become the necessary product in our life now

lifeplayer, Jun 12, 2014 IP
  4. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    It really doesn't matter. A lot of technology may not be best for your health (e.g., think of all the car accidents that kill people) but the technology's perceived advantages outweigh the risks. Once a new technology is let "out of the bottle" it will never be put back in.

jrbiz, Jun 12, 2014 IP
  5. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    One well-known talk show host said that he has his cell phone turned off not because of any health concerns, but because he doesn't want to be traced by anybody. Makes sense, since your cell phone is like a GPS that you constantly carry around.

qwikad.com, Jun 12, 2014 IP
    Black Soul likes this.
  6. Karuna17

Karuna17 Member

Best Answers:
    Well, health and, sometimes, lives, it's what we pay for tech advance. Just a by-product:)

Karuna17, Jun 12, 2014 IP
  7. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    My understanding, for some mobile phones, is that you cannot just turn it off; you have to remove the battery to ensure that you cannot be traced.

Absolutely. Nuclear weapons are a good example of technology that will never be put back in the bottle, despite its primary purpose of death and destruction. Not all technology enhances the human race.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2014
    jrbiz, Jun 12, 2014 IP
  8. HarryWhite93

HarryWhite93 Member

Best Answers:
    You make a good point with that statement, however it's quite well documented that a cellphone doesn't have to be powered on in order for a trace to be performed, but merely the phone battery needs to be in the phone. So if he's turning it off and leaving it in his pocket without taking the battery out then he's not doing himself any favours anyways.

HarryWhite93, Jun 12, 2014 IP
  9. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    So the paranoid don't use iphones :)

sarahk, Jun 12, 2014 IP
  10. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    It will be quick if the NSA ever needs to find me. Not only is my cellphone on all of the time, but I have a transponder in my car windshield that broadcasts my vehicle ID to the toll booths and pays the road tolls automatically. My GPS device is also connected to satellites and, therefore, can probably tell them where I have been and where I am headed. Or they can just call my wife.

jrbiz, Jun 12, 2014 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  11. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    We have a shared itunes account, it makes life easier (kids <18, husband is a technophobe)

We were away for a weekend staying on the edge of a lake that makes a convenient 40km loop (good for marathons etc) and the husband decided to go for a ride. We were doubtful and anticipated that he'd just escaped the kids, dogs and women and was really sitting at a local cafe reading the Sunday papers. Out comes find my phone and we traced him making his way, true to his word, around the lake.

He has erratic work hours too and sometimes if I need him to do something it's useful to see where he is before I ask. If he's close by then he's probably running errands. If he's further afield then he's probably working.

sarahk, Jun 12, 2014 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  12. HarryWhite93

HarryWhite93 Member

Best Answers:
    What's to say he didn't realize your plan and pay a local 10 bucks to run around the lake with his phone ;)

HarryWhite93, Jun 12, 2014 IP
  13. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Cynic :)
    Locals don't get off their arses for $10 down here.

sarahk, Jun 12, 2014 IP
  14. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    A few years ago, my wife was my office manager and she managed my calendar. She, therefore, had a better handle on my hectic travel schedule than I did. Over the past couple of decades, I have learned that, for me, it is better to be a slightly oblivious road warrior than one that knows all of the details. It is less stressful for me, I suppose. Anyway, I would regularly call her to see where I was supposed to be and where I was going. It was actually quite funny at times, the conversations we would have. ("I think I am here and headed there." "No, you idiot, that was yesterday.")

jrbiz, Jun 12, 2014 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  15. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    We share google calendars too and I'm trying to train him to put the addresses in there too so that he doesn't need to ring me to go through his emails (also on his phone) or scraps of paper on his desk. I should probably use treats for good behaviour. Works with the dogs...

sarahk, Jun 12, 2014 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  16. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    You know, I think my wife would have considered the same approach. These days, I have a 20-something sales support lady who manages my calendar and she does not seem to mind my travel habits.

jrbiz, Jun 13, 2014 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  17. janinaherz

janinaherz Active Member

Best Answers:
    It is true that cell phones are a helpful thing to people. These are actually made for good purposes only and that is why individuals should know how to use their cell phones in a proper way.
    However, people used to live happily and easily even before the advent of these gadgets in the market so what can you say about it?

janinaherz, Jun 28, 2014 IP
  18. ClarionGrade

ClarionGrade Peon

Best Answers:
    At a recent Business Breakfast we had the police talking about the effect of modern technology on policing.

They sited a case where a body was dumped in a lake miles from the original murder site. There was no obvious link between the perpetrator and the crime, but his car's GPS recorded the journey from the site to the dumping ground at the time of the murder, and his phone records showed him making calls en-route. Speed and traffic cameras showed the car and driver in transit. They even found what he bought from the service area.

Advice from the police officer. If you intend to commit a crime, go old school and leave the gadgets behind.

ClarionGrade, Jun 28, 2014 IP
  19. scurvy

scurvy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Mobile phone radiation does not do any harm. It is non-ionizing radiation so cannot damage the DNA in our cells and cause cancer.

scurvy, Jul 16, 2014 IP
  20. gotkloud

gotkloud Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Can't the radiation be majorly reduced if one just uses a headset?

gotkloud, Jul 26, 2014 IP