1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Mobile Friendly Site V/S Responsive Site

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Gajender, Mar 19, 2018.

Hi,

I am curious to know about mobile friendly site and responsive site. Here are my questions

1) What is the key differences between mobile friendly site and responsive site?

2) How to detect website is mobile friendly or responsive?

3) Which is better? mobile friendly or responsive?

Your answers will help me a lot to understand the things in a better way,

Thanks
    Gajender Singh

Gajender, Mar 19, 2018 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    A mobile friendly site is built for mobile devices. It may or may not be responsive. Often it has its own link. For instance, you have somesite.com for regular devices and a mobile.somesite.com for mobile devices.

IMO responsive design is by far better.

qwikad.com, Mar 20, 2018 IP
  3. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    that was kinda of back in the day when you visited a site with a URL something like m.mydomain.com
    today, I tend to think when I see a design that says responsive, then that theme should work on
    any devices which done away having to use a special link for mobile users, even though, I am sure
    there are still some old platforms still using this method. When you look at modern themes, the
    author often uses icons to show that his design would be responsive on most or all devices.

I would not use any type of theme that is not responsive, if you do, then the results maybe not
    what you want, and the site could look wired to mobile visitors, and the site may look out of place...

If you build your site using outdated templates/technology, then you are just going backward.

I recently ran across one site that claims he did not use SEO friendly content on his site, now
    he is in trouble, he built his site thinking it was the best thing to do at the time, however, in the end, it is killing his site
    due to competition, and his old technology is now out of date, and his site is going into the toilet.

and to answer your question, mobile friendly was when all this technology
    come out, and you would need a mobile-friendly template for mobile
    devices, thus the reason for going to a differing URL like m.mydomain.com,
    so today, you certainly want to be looking for themes that claim to be "responsive"... so mobile-friendly is the old, and responsive is the new method.

dscurlock, Mar 20, 2018 IP