1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Mobile apps for blogs

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by Michał Jurczuk, May 10, 2017.

?

Do you have mobile apps?

1. Yes I do

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No, but I would like to have

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. No, and I don't need them

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
    Hello guys,
    Recently together with my friends, we made a lib to create very easily mobile apps for blogs with a new custom design. And they are fully native. We know that bloggers don't want to invest money in all this stuff, so we want to do it for free, base on the profit earn from mobile apps. Blogger doesn't have to do anything, we do all the stuff. You can find more details on blogtomobile.com

We don't have too much time to create apps for all bloggers. But if you are interested, let me know.

But generally, what do you think about mobile apps for blogs? Or maybe you already have mobile apps?

Michał Jurczuk, May 10, 2017 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Honestly, are any of the blogs you and your buddies run good enough to motivate a reader to go to the app store and download your app and remember to return to it?

There are lots of good reasons to have an app, but blogs aren't one of them IMO

sarahk, May 10, 2017 IP
  3. Michał Jurczuk

Michał Jurczuk Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    All depends on blog type. If you make a post at least once a day or your users browse your old posts or even collect the best ones, those blogs should have mobile apps.

For users is very hard to display a blog on a mobile phone, they have to go to Web Browser -> Favourites (if they marked it already) -> Find the blog -> Click on the link. And they get mostly not too good mobile experience.
    On the other side, if you have a mobile app, users just click on your app on home screen. The app icon will even remind them to read your blog.

You should also add features like push notification when you make a post, an offline mode where users can read your blog without an internet connection or even new types of mobile advertising.

A lot of mobile users use RSS readers, but there your blog is one of many. I like a few blogs, mostly technical (IT) and I have their apps on my phone there is much better experience than using web.

We are developing mobile apps already very long time, and now is time for blogs. This week or beginning next we will release 3 new blogs apps, I will post them here as soon as will publish them.

Michał Jurczuk, May 10, 2017 IP
  4. Michał Jurczuk

Michał Jurczuk Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    We've released a new iOS app, you can find it here, it was made for Longreads website:
    https://itunes.apple.com/pl/app/longreads/id1228139762?mt=8

Michał Jurczuk, May 22, 2017 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  5. AlphaNine_Vini

AlphaNine_Vini Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ok. Your initiative seems to be very interesting and nice. Is it just in ISO or you have a Android Version as well on Google play.
    We can recommend people.

AlphaNine_Vini, May 22, 2017 IP
  6. Michał Jurczuk

Michał Jurczuk Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes, android mobile apps are on the way, soon we will release also Longreads on Google Play. Meanwhile, we still implement and add new features to make our apps better and better.

Michał Jurczuk, May 22, 2017 IP
  7. Michał Jurczuk

Michał Jurczuk Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    We've released two next mobile apps:
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mimo-khair-photography/id1228140131
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/openculture/id1239799741

Michał Jurczuk, Jun 12, 2017 IP