1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

MLS/IDX Solutions

Discussion in 'Programming' started by hightide13, Mar 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Does anyone here know anything about IDX or MLS integration into a website?

I want to do a website in which I can integrate the area MLS db but I have no idea how to go about it. Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.

hightide13, Mar 8, 2005 IP
  2. kyle422

kyle422 Peon

Best Answers:
    PM me. I have a guy working on a solution for me now. Very fair price. He should have mine completed sometime this week.

kyle422, Mar 8, 2005 IP
  3. hightide13

hightide13 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey Kyle-

since posting this message I have been contacted by our local Board of Realtors and given access to the MLS data feed (for free I mght add). I am going to write my own progs to do the dirty work.

Thanks though!

I might be posting later about how to write a PHP script that calls an outside FTP site and then pulls ascii data into the local MySQL db though...so keep that in mind folks.

hightide13, Mar 9, 2005 IP
  4. ResaleBroker

ResaleBroker Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'll keep my eyes open for that one. ;)

ResaleBroker, Mar 9, 2005 IP
  5. ResaleBroker

ResaleBroker Active Member

Best Answers:
    Kyle, I looked at your MLS search and it looks great. What could a person expect to pay for something like that?

ResaleBroker, Mar 30, 2005 IP
  6. kyle422

kyle422 Peon

Best Answers:
    Sent you a PM Resale!

kyle422, Mar 31, 2005 IP
  7. lovethecoast

lovethecoast Peon

Best Answers:
    As you've probably determined through this, getting the board's ok to use the data (even if you're working directly for a realtor or broker) is harder than the coding process. The coding is almost always very easy as they all use csv formatting of data.

Some are easier than others (FlexMLS is great, Navica is a PITA), but in the end, the coding is pretty straight forward and easy.

What MLS system were you using here?

lovethecoast, Apr 30, 2005 IP
  8. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Hightime13

how did you get on with this. I'd be very interested in learning more.

Sarah

sarahk, May 13, 2005 IP
  9. ag-webhosting

ag-webhosting Peon

Best Answers:
    I worked out a solution. I collaborated with a programmer in Belgium named andries seutens to develop a php script to download the mls (RMLS) data into a MySQL Database daily on my server to update the current listing info in the Minnesota, Wisconsin, Midwest region. We have implemented easy to use template engines such as smarty and templatePower so the html is easily modified without affecting the scripts themselves. I know this post is old. I assume you found a solution by now.

I can now easily create websites and manipulate the php scripts to do MLS searches, based on Price, Style, Bathrooms, Bedrooms, etc..... This works for Residential, Commercial, and Lots and Lands properties. I also modified my script to be able to search and filter out only condos/townhomes, lakefront/riverfront properties, and farm /agricultural properties.

Another neat thing I did was to create a featured homes page so that it pulls only the realtors listings by his Realtor number

Of course I added forms to go with these scripts, so when a user finds a home in the search he can contact the realtor and the realtor instantly knows the mls number of the property the user was viewing when he clicked the contact button. And I also incorporated yahoo maps into the search to find the property and get directions, and not to mention a mortgage calculator.

Lots of work but worth it in the end. Anyways i just wanted to list the possibilities that can be achieved. I know because I have implemented them already. I download the mls data in a roughly 20 mb text file from http://www.northstarmls.com . I run a script to automate the download of this file, then the script inserts the data from this file into the MySQL Database exactly as it is in the text file tab seperated. There are over 130 columns if I am not mistaken. That means there is over 130 searchable catagories :p

If you have any questions please visit my site and contact me.

ag-webhosting, Feb 5, 2006 IP
  10. clubpass4king

clubpass4king Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi there,

Thank you for your post and offering answers to questions. can you give me any advice to get started. who do i contact?

thanks.

clubpass4king, Apr 4, 2006 IP
  11. corn13read

corn13read Peon

Best Answers:
    I am looking into idx integration for my website and would love to hear how it went for you what it cost and how I can get it. TIA

corn13read, Sep 20, 2006 IP
  12. IDXGuru

IDXGuru Peon

Best Answers:
    If you have specific questions about IDX and the intergration process I am glad to help. I have designed hundreads of IDX intergrated web sites. We specialize in developing custom IDX web sites for our real estate clients.

Check us out at http://www.eIDX.com :)

IDXGuru, Oct 4, 2006 IP
  13. Natcon67

Natcon67 Peon

Best Answers:
    IDXGuru, I've tried to go to your website but it says the storage limit has been reached. I'm looking for general info about how IDX works in general. Quesitons i have are:
    Do the IDX datafeeds from each market differ? How is the data obtained? (XML,CSV, etc) I guess i dont understand how to get started.

Any help is much appreciated.

Nate

Natcon67, Oct 23, 2006 IP
  14. ewok_poacher

ewok_poacher Guest

Best Answers:
    I have decided to say screw trying to write my own idx/mls search. I am paying someone. If you have a reasonable price and offer just the search functionality that I can plug-in a website, please contact me. I would like to have some sort of map or if I get the code I can create a flash map with a little help.
    ANYONE WHO WOULD TRADE FLASH DESIGN FOR AN IDX/MLS SEARCH PLEASE CONTACT ME ASAP.

ewok_poacher, May 26, 2007 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.