1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Mixed affiliate site - Are we screwed for Froogle?

Discussion in 'Shopping' started by jbischke, Oct 23, 2005.

Hey all. Great set of forums! I have a question related to Froogle. We have what I'll term a "mixed affiliate" site in that we sell a lot of products ourselves but we also have affiliate programs for products we don't or can't sell (we primarily sell audiobooks and since we can't sell many downloadable audiobooks we have affiliate links to companies like Audible.com). Here is a link so you can see what I'm talking about:

http://www.learnoutloud.com/Catalog/Business/Economics/The-World-is-Flat/5353

Froogle policies state that they don't link to affiliate sites. Does anyone know if that means that they don't link to any site that has affiliate deals at all, that they don't link to sites that affiliate links on the same pages as their products or that they don't link to sites that only have affiliate links?

I'm sure I'll find out if I submit the site but I'd rather know ahead of time so we can evaluate whether we want to pull the affiliate links before submitting an application.

Thanks!

jbischke, Oct 23, 2005 IP
  2. wizardofx

wizardofx Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would just try. You might start with listing only your
    own products.

best regards
    wiz

wizardofx, Oct 26, 2005 IP
  3. jestep

jestep Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I agree. If you only submit the products where you complete the entire order process (This is what I think distinguishes an affiliate site for them) then you will have a better chance of getting listed. If they deny you at first after reviewing your site, explain to them that you have no intention of listing affiliate products in your froogle feed.

jestep, Oct 28, 2005 IP