1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

mistake > two adsense accounts?

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by babylonian, Dec 15, 2005.

Hi,

I've been with adsense for 8 months and I have big worry right now. I have one account on my name, and I made mistake when opened the account for my wife, and never realized it’s against the tos. My wife and I share the same address and same last name. She has the site that she manages, and we opened account for her, without thinking it will cause troubles, as we wanted to separate earnings. Now I have read all over the place, that’s very prohibited by G, and I am worried about getting banned. There was no intention to break the law, just I missed that sentence in tos apparently. On my wife's account there is for the first time accumulated $100 and at the end of this month there would be check generated for her site. It took 3 months for it. I would like to stop payment or write to google before the check is sent out, because it might be flagged when they figure there are two checks sent to the same address.

Now, since I found of this mistake, I would like to change things on time, if possible. My main account is doing rather well, with a great potential for the near future, and I wouldn’t like to lose it. What would be your suggestion?
    Should I write to google, explaining the situation and asking them to close account and say that I will change the code on her sites to my account? Would it help? What is your suggestion based on your adsense experience?
    Have you ever heard or read of something like this happening to anyone, and how the situation has been resolved?

Thank you all for your time!

D.

babylonian, Dec 15, 2005 IP
  2. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    As I noted on WMW it is not against the TOS.

YOU can not have more than 1 PERSONAL account.

Your wife is entitled to an account, just as you are.

aeiouy, Dec 15, 2005 IP
  3. Friend

Friend Peon

Best Answers:
    I think...
    Nothing Wrong with your accounts...

Friend, Dec 15, 2005 IP
  4. ZeMMs

ZeMMs Peon

Best Answers:
    But you gotta be extra careful and avoid from violating the TOS. Coz if one of your accounts is blocked, there's a high chance that both accounts will be blocked too..

ZeMMs, Dec 15, 2005 IP
  5. NeoGen

NeoGen Writer

Best Answers:
    Do agree, there should not be any issue as you and your wife are two different indivuduals.

May be both you and your wife can write separate email to google explaining your situation and seek clarification from them.

Regards

NeoGen, Dec 15, 2005 IP
  6. ravianz

ravianz Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Same case with me; I and my brother are having our own accounts; same home address and same ip address as well; my bro completed 100 mark in October; not recieved the check yet; hopefully i'll complete in this month; i am also thinking to write to Google about this thing now;

ravianz, Dec 16, 2005 IP
  7. explorer

explorer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Just to agree with others, a husband and wife having separate Adsense accounts is absolutely no problem.

explorer, Dec 16, 2005 IP
  8. I. Brian

I. Brian Business consultant

Best Answers:
    So far as I understand it, the issue is one of 1 AdSense account per legal identity. So 1 account per individual or company.

I. Brian, Dec 16, 2005 IP