1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Mission Impossible?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Maline, Apr 8, 2005.

Im currently working on a new Wallpapers and Themes site, I think I got already some decent content, up first exclusive program released, Im letting develop more exclusive wallpaper programs, where users can edit wallpapers ect ect.

Im also let somebody write articles, I did submit to directories, wallpaper link sites, but as I notice this everything takes sometime for they get listed and crawled.

But now I was looking at my compitors, and if I see how many links they have its just :eek: , I dont see anyway how I could ever get a high pr on the keyword "wallpaper" or "wallpapers".

Is this mission impossible?

Im looking for some tips, except the basics of seo, since articles,content,optimizing,directories is mostly done.....

Anyway thanks already for this great forum, lots of good information in it!

Oh yeah the site is http://www.themeswallpapers.com/

Maline, Apr 8, 2005 IP
  2. AfterHim.com

AfterHim.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Maline,

Have you done other sites? I would try to target a very specific keyword under the wallpaper heading..."wallpaper" has 16,000,000 results and it will be a very, very long uphill battle.

Brandon

AfterHim.com, Apr 9, 2005 IP
  3. YoungCoder

YoungCoder Peon

Best Answers:
    Narrow your field down to a niche, e.g. Dual desktop wallpapers.

YoungCoder, Apr 9, 2005 IP
  4. Maline

Maline Peon

Best Answers:
    Is it maybe an idea to start another site, since I did alot on this one already on the keywords "themes wallpapers" how many results do you guys think is possible with another site?

I was thinking:

funny wallpapers "1,400,000 results"

celebrities wallpapers "798,000 results"

cool desktop wallpapers "614,000 results"

or is this also to much?

Second Im trying to make some wallpaper link sites, you guys think that is worth it?

Maline, Apr 10, 2005 IP
  5. Design Agent

Design Agent Peon

Best Answers:
    These are much better targets, initially. Even smaller niches will help.

Next, put lots of textual content. Name your wallpapers with accurate keywords. Put some content in the template that will appear on every page including the image pages.
    Use Page titles, H1 H2 etc

Let people use this content free on their site it they provide a link to you. That way site content managers can use lots of your content and provide you links in the process, as well as driving some relevant traffic to your site. Make sure your content makes it easy to copy.

Submit to relevant "wallpaper" lists. Add the software to Download.com and similar sites.

Design Agent, Apr 10, 2005 IP
  6. Maline

Maline Peon

Best Answers:
    Well since Im having a very limited budget, Im not sure if it is worth to make for example few basic wallpaper link sites + some content. And try to target those on smaller keywords. And in the end, try to get those to my main wallpaper site.

You guys think that is worth the money?

Maline, Apr 10, 2005 IP